question

mrjj avatar image
mrjj asked

Controlling pair of EV Charging Station

Hello, I am planning to install 2pcs of EV Charging station units.

I wonder if it is possible to build up a clever system so that another car is charger using 2-3 phase based on whether another car is connected also. So charger nbr1 works nromally as long as another charger has connection too. I don´t want traditional load balancing it would slow down charging too much.

We have got VW with 3phase onboard charger and Nissan with 1phase onboard charger.

I know VW can come along with only 2phase, it will also itself drop from 3 to 2 phase in some cases during charging cycles. Tested with L1-L2 connected, fuse down for L3. The challenge is that it must be specifically L3 pahse used for single phase charging in charger nbr1.

Main source for EV charging is 3x 25A. We are using Nordpool market priced electricity and EVs are charger mainly during cheap hours. There is more and more need for charging both cars during same hours.

Secondly I need nice and easy way to start/stop charging remotely when needed.

Currently we´ve got very reliable but simple charging station, it cannot we programmed, it does not have wifi etc. We need anyway to replace it with more clever dual charger or two separate units.

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers