question

mikemynis avatar image
mikemynis asked

Is this a VRM Bug or what?

In VRM I see this:

1713615796721.png

The battery IS charging, but the block below says "Discharging".

It seems that this label is never updated. Whether the battery is charging or discharging, it always says discharging.

Is this a (known) bug in VRM?

Mike

vrm bug
1713615671139.png (56.9 KiB)
1713615796721.png (56.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I believe those "boxes" are static and only updated on refresh/reload.

Does it change on reload?

The multiplus AC out doesn't seem to match either.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

CM avatar image
CM answered ·

It’s discharging because it’s actually discharging, that’s the inverter tab , it’s carrying loads so it’s discharging , above u can see charging , so while it’s charging and at the same time carrying load, discharge shows , so u can compare the rate of charge vs discharge .

Def not a bug, I use it to keep tabs of discharge current and charge current , which totals the entire current into the system from all charging sources

4 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

That seems quite incorrect. Charge and discharge terms only apply to batteries, not inverters, and this is located under the SOC. There have been previous errors in reporting battery state, the only question is if this is being updated in realtime. I suspect not.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

From the MultiPlus' POV he is discharging the battery because he is pulling energy from there.

That's totally normal.

If the MultiPlus is pushing energy to the battery it shows charging.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Power is coming from solar, net energy change is power going to the battery albeit from solar not from the inverter. So the battery is not discharging in any form. If the inverter is neither charging nor discharging the battery, the correct status used in VRM is idle. That is a confusing and contradictory way of showing state, as it is specifically referring to battery use.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
That tile is optional. It's selected in the GX under 'Battery Measurements', so in that context it's ok, but maybe could be handled better. All it really shows is the DC side of the Multi, which I find useful too.

It used to show in the MFD app as a second battery. That's been removed now with the new MFD version.

0 Likes 0 ·
duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

Looks perfectly normal, here is mine

It doesnt refresh fast, so values are a bit off at time

Its the DC bus measurement so Battery and or PV

img-6323.png

img-6323.png (313.5 KiB)
2 |3000

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

BMS and BMV in addition to Quattro:
1713626445889.png

It has always been this way. This display is activated by choosing to display the inverter battery monitor's state. The inverter battery monitor can't see any incoming current from other sources - it only sees outgoing unless the inverter itself is charging. It is drawing from the DC bus (even if solar is providing a surplus of charge), so it's discharging.

1713626445889.png (133.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic