question

Anthony avatar image
Anthony asked

MPPT 75/10 Fault or Working correctly?

Hi, had my controller running for a few weeks and noticed the displayed battery voltage doesn't match the multimeter voltage at the batt terminals on the controller, the actual battery terminals nor the voltage displayed on my garmin chary plotter. The MPPT displays high 13v and everything else shows 12.4 or thereabouts. Here are some pics, it kinda looks like its not charging as zero amps on the solar side or battery. Is this normal or should I look at getting a replacement? BTW, using flooded LA batteries 2x80ampscreenshot-2024-04-19-11-00-18-718-comvictronenerg.jpg

screenshot-2024-04-19-11-03-29-777-comvictronenerg.jpg

MPPT Controllersbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@AnthonyExmouth

Did you check the fuse? If you disconnect solar does the mppt switch off?

Does the voltage at the battery terminals change when pv is disconnected?

If you have done the pre rma tests and it failed then it is time to return it. Give good details & pictures about the install.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Anthony avatar image Anthony commented ·

It was the fuse. Didn't think of checking it as the app was showing voltage on all ports. Shame there's no indication on there if the fuse blows. Cheers.

1 Like 1 ·