question

darrenb avatar image
darrenb asked

How to stop inverter comletely draining the battery?

I have a 100ah lithium battery, 100w panel, 1100 watt energizer inverter and a 75/15 mppt.

My question is how do i prevent the inverter from completely depleting the battery. I can control the output of the mppt but not the inverter.

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

you could use a victron smart battery protect:

https://www.victronenergy.com/battery_protect/smart-battery-protect

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Can't be used for an inverter - it is uni-directional.

From the manual:

Under no circumstances is it permitted to connect inverters or inverter/chargers to a SBP via their DC inputs, a reverse current may flow that damages the SBP. In case you want to control an inverter or inverter/charger via a SBP, you must use the SBP to control the inverter or inverter/charger via its remote port

0 Likes 0 ·
duivert avatar image duivert nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

a thanx i see, missed that thought i could be treated as a load, but capacitors from the inverter could kill the SBP

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Get a victron inverter, then you can set a shutdown limit, that will power off the inverters at a set SOC or voltage, and leave them off until a restart voltage is achieved.

Or control them both via a GX.

In any case, as a Victron forum, we can't help with the 3rd party device.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic