question

segeberger avatar image
segeberger asked

Solved_Color Control Display (CCGX) is restarting on a regular basis

Hi,

since some weeks I have a problem with my CCGX. It is restarting very often, sometimes every 4-6 minutes over a periode of 30-40 minutes.

Setup:

- 3x MPPT (150/ 60; 150/ 85; 150/70) connected via VE and USB

- 1x MPPT BlueSolar150/70 (big one) via CanBus

- 3x BMV 702 (I have 2 batteries, one for each and one for the whole system)

- 1x Multi 24/5k

- 1x CCGX with the latest firmware

The problem is mostly in the midday when I get the maximum power from the solar panels.

I am connected via LAN and I switched off the option "restart if no connection VRM portal". So that is not the failure.

The system is working very well during these restarting phases but I have no idea why the CCGX is doing that. I also did no changes within the whole system, nothing on the MMPTs or the Multi.

Attched a sample for that phase you can also see that the tracking is missing.

Any ideas?

CCGX Color Control
victron.png (74.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

if you have 7 x ve direct units connected you maybe maxing the units pcu out. I think the limit is 4 units

try reducing the number of VE direct units. I would start with just connecting the one whole system bmv and leave the other 2 disconnected from the ve direct network

also check the power connections and the fuse to the ccgx

hope this is of help

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

segeberger avatar image
segeberger answered ·

Hi Paul,

thanks for your reply.
the System works very well with the current confi and VE.direct components as well.
the solution is much easier: After an Update the option „restart if connection is lost“ (or something like this) was set again and this forced the ccgx to restart to to pur poor internet Connection

finally: Everything is fine and works as it should.

2 |3000