question

jgrimm77 avatar image
jgrimm77 asked

Quattro overload / inverter load limit in ESS

I have a Quattro 15kVA in an ESS system. Continuous kW rating of the Quattro is 12kW.

I've noticed that when I draw above 12kW, the system almost immediately sources the balance of power from the grid, even though there is sufficient battery and solar capacity. I would have expected it to, for a limited period at least, be able to deliver up to 15kW?

I'm also curious as to whether this behaviour is being controlled by the inverter itself or by the ESS assistant?

Thanks.

ESSinverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
service-team-doebeln-gmbh avatar image
service-team-doebeln-gmbh answered ·

A Quattro 15kVA has a capacity of 12kW at 25°C device temperature (see data sheet Quattro). Thus, the ESS and the Quattro do everything right. The devices are only congested in ESS operation in the event of a power failure.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jgrimm77 avatar image
jgrimm77 answered ·

Many thanks for your answer.

What about the "30% overload for up to 30 minutes at 25 deg C ambient"?

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @jgrimm77

That is for off-grid operation, so when the grid fails, the unit can provide this much power.

(as @SERVICE_TEAM_Doebeln_GmbH wrote)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic