question

ozpilot avatar image
ozpilot asked

Ekrano not playing nicely with Quattros

I have had three Quattro inverters working happily with a VE.Net Blue Power Panel for over 10 years and I recently decided to replace the BPP with an Ekrano so I could have internet access. The Ekrano is working fine with a Smart Shunt (VE.Direct) and everything is operating as it should without the Quattros connected but when I connect the Quattros to the VE.Bus input on the Ekrano the Quattros shut down immediately. The first time I connected them the system worked for a few minutes with the Ekrano displaying all the info expected from the Quattros but it then shut down. The next couple of tries saw the shut down come faster and now when I try to connect them the Quatros shut down immediately.

The Quattros are 48/10000/140 models and they run as a three phase system. They have 132 firmware (they all have 1953132 stickers and the firmware has not been updated at any time) so they are within the 19**111 onwards category for compatibility with the GX system. The Ekrano has the latest firmware. The Quattros run as a three phase system.

I have tried the Quattros connected alone without the Smart Shunt, I have tried different RJ45 cables and I have tried connecting to the front or last Quattro. It seems very strange to me that it initially worked for a short time then the shut downs became more immediate.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I am missing? It's especially strange given it initially worked for a very short period and I now can't get it to work like that again (despite many attempts with and without small changes to cables etc).

ekrano gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ozpilot avatar image
ozpilot answered ·

Is there anybody with any ideas of the right direction to go with this one?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Ozpilot,

The next thing to try is to update the firmware on the Quattros.

In this case that would be: 159 or 209

Updating this requires an MK3 and VEFlash.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Check the obvious things:

Are all the inverters linked via the vebus port.

Make sure you didn't accidentally use a BMS/VE/CAN/LAN port on the cerbo - vebus only.

If you connect to the cerbo does it see the inverters?

If it does, check if it is asking to update the mk3 version (this is inside the inverters tab on the GX).

Does it log anything in notifications?

Do you have any other venet devices? How are you measuring SOC?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Ekrano GX product page.

Ekrano GX online manual

Ekrano GX datasheet

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic