question

Sarah avatar image
Sarah asked

Using dual VE.Can ports on the Ekrano GX

Hi all, I have always wanted to integrate my Victron VE.Can and Raymarine SeaTalk NG networks using the VE.Can to NMEA2000 cable and my Cerbo GX. However given that each of these networks has critical systems installed on them (for example Lynx BMS on one and Raymarine auto pilot on the other) and differing topologies (single bus vs bacbone and spur cables) I have been loathe to risk connecting the two networks together for fear of errors on one network impacting the other. Am I correct to assume that with the Erkano GX the two VE.Can ports could be used to do this without creating a single ‘combined’ network. For example would each network still have its own physical terminators such that a physical network error would not impact the other network? We are looking to upgrade our old Raymarine Lighthouse 2 MFDs to Lighthouse 4 and this could have substantial benefits for us, thanks in advance.

VE.CanNMEA 2000 - N2Kekrano gxseatalkng
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Ekrano GX product page.

Ekrano GX online manual

Ekrano GX datasheet

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic