question

Ari Kesti avatar image
Ari Kesti asked

MPPT limited when no grid. Video showing problem.

Hi Community

Upgraded my Quattros firmware to latest and now i have to have grid on to allow MPTTs to use full potential of the sun.

When i turn off the grid the MPTTs are throttled back significantly. I did the upgrade of the Quattros but i am unsure if i got all my settings back to where they where before. The conversion of the settings file didn’t work ☹️. Can someone guide me to where in the settings i can have a look?
Video showing the nature of my problem:

https://youtu.be/ZLOl2_lbPKE?si=i6IaNv1LjN4dNrIJ

Last sequence shows my components and software versions.
The batteries have Rec BMS.

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargergrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Ari Kesti

Did you upgrade everything Victron in the system?

If not start there.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ari Kesti avatar image
Ari Kesti answered ·

Hi Alexandra

I updated everyting to latest. MPTTs are on beta software.

But my problem came with the v510 firmware on my Quattros. Or i messed up some settings when re-configuring the settings in the inverters. The settings conversion tool didn’t work..

It is a strange behavior. Grid on = full power on the mppts and when i turn off grid they only produce for direct consumption. Like it doesn’t want to allow charging without grid present.

I am scratching my head on this.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Start here. Pull the current configuration remotely, check it and fix anything that is wrong, check any assistants and apply the configuration again.
0 Likes 0 ·
mondeoman avatar image
mondeoman answered ·

"Rec BMS" - I assume it has CAN communication to the GX Device.

Can you take a look at the Charge / Discharge current limits (CCL, DCL) in the battery menu of the GX Device when On Grid / Off Grid?

2 |3000