question

bulmonoss avatar image
bulmonoss asked

EV Charging Station contactor lifespan

Hello,

I want to share mi worries about the contactor of the EVCS, this is what happended:

I had my car charging in manual mode, it finished charging, everything as expected, 40 minutes later I went to the garage to take the car and I found the EVCS with the screen totally corrupted and the contactor switching +/- every 5 seconds:

I turned off the supply to the charger and reboot it a few hours later, everything worked fine until the screen turned like this:

zz20240330-121432.jpg

After that I rebooted it again, and it's been working fine for more than a week.

Has anyone experienced something like this? And about the contactor, it’s definitely not thought to switch every 5 seconds, any idea of how many times can it switch in its lifespan?

Thanks.

ev charging station
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Are you running the latest FW?

0 Likes 0 ·
bulmonoss avatar image bulmonoss Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Not the 28 yet, the V01.27.

0 Likes 0 ·

Please check your email

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
bulmonoss avatar image
bulmonoss answered ·

Hi, the problem has been solved thanks to @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff).

The wires powering the contactors’ coil have been rerouted to avoid passing too close to the communication cables between screen and the main PCB.

Also a ferrite core has been put around the communication cables.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thanks for doing that yourself!
0 Likes 0 ·