question

wandering-albatross avatar image
wandering-albatross asked

VictronConnect App Not Connecting To Devices on "Tablet"

App works great on my Android smartphone, but does not work correctly on Android "tablet". This tablet is a new Android head unit used in a car. It runs full Android 12 OS and is NOT limited to Android Auto.

Steps to Reproduce:

1) VictronConnect app opens without issue

2) Loads list of all local devices

3) All Victron devices show full signal bars

4) Click on any device and it tries to load to 60%, but never completely connects and never asks for the six-digit BT pin code

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

VictronConnectBluetoothapp
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Did you connect to the devices through the tablet before trying to connect with VC? If so delete/forget them in Android Bluetooth. Then try connecting only through VC.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wandering-albatross answered ·

So far, I have only tried to connect to the devices using VC on the tablet.

2 |3000

Also, I have tried a tablet software update as well as a reboot.

2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @Wandering Albatross

What happens when you do try to connect from the Android Bluetooth menu? Do you get a pincode popup then?

If not, then either it has no support for pincode pairing of bluetooht low energy devices or some other app is intercepting the pincode request and providing a pincode to Android. In that case, check whether there are other apps installed that might be using Bluetooth Low Energy (not Bluetooth audio), for example (RC) remote control apps and uninstall them. Then try again, perhaps first using the Android Bluetooth menu.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

I tried to connect to the devices using the Android BT menu and could not see them. Nothing showed up in the list of devices after doing a scan. I connected to a non-Victron BT device and it worked fine. Does that imply that the tablet does not support the type of BT that Victron smart devices utilize? Thanks!

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

It would seem to be the case. Needs to have Bluetooth 4 or higher.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect bluetooth troubleshooting guide