question

deweibel avatar image
deweibel asked

Cerbo GX loosing communications with Multiplus

I have a Multiplus 12/3000/120, around ten years old. In November 2023 I switched my monitoring and control from an older Victron BMS and Blue Power Panel to a SmartShunt and a Cerbo GX. This setup worked 100% fine from November till March when the communications between the Cerbo and Multiplus started failing. If I either reboot the Cerbo GX or through the Cerbo GX menu system exercise the option in the Multiplus setup to "redetect system" communications are restored, but lost again in 1-5 days.

The Multiplus is product ID 2702 and is on firmware version 150. The Cerbo GX is on firmware v2.91.

I have no ideas on how to diagnose.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @deweibel@gmail.com

This could be one of a number of things, but I would first update all your firmwares. Your Multi's v150 is ancient, but 2702 is at least the new microprocessor, and you could step all the way up to the newest v510. Been a lot of improvements made in that time, and hopefully your issue may have been cleaned up too.

You'll need a MK3>usb adaptor and a pc with VEFlash loaded.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

Victron Connect won't work with such old fw.

If you're confident with diy, that's good. Else it's a Victron tech job.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

deweibel avatar image deweibel commented ·

JohnC Thanks.

I am DIY but in the Caribbean without a MK3>usb adaptor so this likely will have to wait.

It looks like VEFlash has been deprecated by VictronConect. Would I use VictronConnect or would I need to start with VEFlash because my firmware is too old?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ deweibel commented ·
Ve flash. Your firmware is too old.
0 Likes 0 ·