question

talbotlaw avatar image
talbotlaw asked

Difficulties Connecting Netgear AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter for use with CerboGX

I recently installed a Cerbo GX on my vessel. It is currently connected to my on-board router via 2.4Gh network, but only shows 2 bars and connectivity is very slow (eg difficult to use remote console) - because of the layout of the vessel it is 30' away through a couple of bulkheads. I purchased the Victron approved Netgear AC1200 WiFi USB Adapter (Model A6210) to try and up the connectivity. However, it (naturally) doesn't appear to be "plug and play" and the Netgear instructions want to download additional software/drivers onto the Cerbo device before the adapter will work. I haven't been able to figure out how to do this - any suggestions appreciated. I am sure I am missing an obvious fix, but it doesn't seem it should be this hard to install a simple network adapter?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@talbotlaw

If it is approved it should be plug and play. It is not working at all? Have you plugged it into a port not dedicated to powering the HDMI?

What firmware are you using on the GX? Are you sure the 5gz is disabled?

As another random thing, turn the dongle a bit. There is a definite band and direction I have seen broadcast on a number of dongles. And turning it helps direction it a bit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.