question

nickdb avatar image
nickdb asked

Node-RED: Show parallel system stats

I wanted to share a flow I created that shows master and slave inverter stats, and any imbalances.

You will need to edit the "cerbo" mqtt endpoint to point to the IP of your own system or just use localhost (127.0.0.1).

You will also need to go into the device section of the multiplus on your GX, then to serials and note the device ID of the master and slave (it is the number in brackets).

EDIT: I have added a version parallel-2 that uses custom nodes, from the drop down list choose the device ID's that match for your unit /Devices/X/AC/IN/P and /Devices/X/AC/OUT/P where X is the unit ID)

You can then edit the mqqt paths to have the correct device ID for your system, in mine it is 0 and 3.

The flow uses dashboard 2.0 (flowfuse/node-red-dashboard) but you can replace those nodes with dash 1.0.

At low power the inverters may track high imbalances, this is especially true for AC IN if you are maintaining a low setpoint. It should show a representative value under load.

When working it should look like this:

screenshot-2024-04-01-at-094409.png

If I had access to a 3 or more inverter setup, I would customise it.

parallel_json.zip

Parallel-2.json.zip

Unzip and rename the file to parallel.json, you can then import it.

Node-REDmultiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@nickdb this is very helpful. Can it be done over the Internet?

Sorry if the question is too basic. It's all new to me. Currently using Grafana. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty.

F.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Yes, node red and the dashboards are accessible remotely via vrm and the large image menu (once loaded on the GX)
0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image Fideri nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Noted. Thank you.
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

This can also be achieved very easily with the 'custom' node now without the need to configure the mqtt paths.

1 comment
2 |3000

I keep forgetting about those, but did want the mqtt available for people who don't run locally on the cerbo or use other apps.
0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@nickdb

You say we need to edit the Cerbo MQTT endpoint to point to the IP of our own system. I guess that means editing the following line in your json file - "broker": "192.168.1.167".

Is the relevant address available in the Cerbo or VRM? Where can we view it?

Fideri

2 comments
2 |3000

Just use 127.0.0.1 which is localhost, so the cerbo connects to itself.

Or when you import the flow. Edit one of the mqtt nodes, and click edit next to the broker name "cerbo", Has the same result.

0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image Fideri nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Understood.
0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@nickdb

I got stuck here. I keep getting the error unknown ui-xxxxx.

Am I supposed to install a dashboard before? Where are the instructions?

F.

screenshot-2024-04-05-062738-nr.png

2 comments
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
You need to change the ID number on each of the mqtt nodes. You can find your ID number in vrm settings.
0 Likes 0 ·

Yes, you either need to install (and configure) dashboard 2.0 (google node-red and dash 2.0).

Or install dashboard UI v1 and replace the nodes with a similar one.

0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@nickdb and @derrick thomas, I installed dashboard 2 and changed the ID number but now I get new errors. The purple items (are those what are called nodes?) with a red triangle on top on the left apparently have errors. I guess I could edit them on the right but where do I find the correct codes?

Fideri

screenshot-2024-04-07-094527-dash-error.png

2 |3000

Anders avatar image
Anders answered ·

We need some more details to be able to help you
What message do you get when hovering over the red triangel?

Maybe create a separate thread?

2 comments
2 |3000

Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·
Good thinking @Anders

I get the following error:

"Invalid properties:

- Server: missing configuration node"

I don't know if it is related but when I try to log into my host server (mqtt71) through MQTT Explorer, I always get "disconnected from server" error. That's not my major concern right now.

F.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Fideri commented ·
Just use dash 1. It works out the box pretty much. Dash 2 needs setup to work. Step through their getting started page, the main issue is the basics to create the base dashboard has not been done.
0 Likes 0 ·
Anders avatar image
Anders answered ·

Have you tried this suggestion?
What are you trying to do?
1712521882355.png

1712521882355.png (34.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

You could, that doesn't change how it will be displayed, and it won't help anyone using remote systems, like Home assistant etc to connect. I have added a version using custom nodes, which is simpler for most uses that are cerbo only.

0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

Just a quick update to say I got the script running flawlessly in Node Red. It saved me $$$ as I was planning to buy new hardware. I will write up a more comprehensive how-to guide. Thanks everyone.

F.

1 comment
2 |3000