question

ben-langlands avatar image
ben-langlands asked

How do I connect a new router to my CCGX panel with an ethernet cable?

I had to change my router recently and I can't see how to enter the password for the new router in to the CCGX. As before my new router is connected to the CCGX with an ethernet cable. I need to monitor the solar off grid system on a regular basis but I can't get access to it through the VRM app. until the two are connected.

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Ben. I don't believe there's any password functionality or necessity for it within the CCGX. Perhaps look to your router to 'ok' the connection. Firewall or suchlike?

I've seen issues with this in the past, but it's never been within the CCGX. It's screen is actually handy to see the LAN address it's been allocated if that's in doubt remotely. Device List > Settings > Ethernet.

There's some link-local functionality there too with more recent firmware, but this shouldn't really apply if you have a router connection.

If you have (say) a successful laptop connection to your router, you could try ICS (sharing) with the cable into the laptop.

Diagnosing network connectivity issues is always fun. Enjoy.. :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.