question

jros avatar image
jros asked

Multiplus 48v 1600 20 switch off after disconnect of shoregrid

Hi all!

I have bougth a used Multiplus 48 1600, the old owner had it as a part of a threephase system.

When I received the multi I plug in AC In, battery and utp cable using a mk3-usb conector.

I reset the system to its factory settings using Victron Connect, and reset the multi as standalone using VE Quick Configure. Both victronConnect and VE Quick Configure works ok.

The multi detect the battery and his voltage correctly, charger it if needed.

The problem became when I unplug the AC In, the multi switch off immediately.

No battery voltage down when it switch off, no loads in AC Out (I have not connected it at any time), no eco mode configured.

There is some log in the multi to know why it switch off?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Pd:

The battery is a bank of sealled AGM batteries of 100Ah. The wiring is correct, when multi is plugged to the shore it charging the battery correctly and detect the voltage and SOC.

The three dip switches are off the remote relay is cable bridged. I haven't a GX...

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The multi won’t detect the battery settings, it will default to a lead acid profile.You need to program charge settings and cut off settings for the specific battery you have.

If you left everything default it is likely to not work properly.

Also, check the wiring to make sure you have connected it up properly. An incorrectly wired system can also cut out on grid loss.

You would need a GX to see if it is logging alarms.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jros avatar image
jros answered ·

I think that it should work, I agree that the config isn't the best but It should work if only to be able to configure it.

The manual says that the standard values are ready to used, Even if you have to fine-tune the battery settings.

3 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

If you have lead batteries yes, not if you have lithium, for example. It is worth making sure it is right.

I would double check the manual and wiring unlimited and be sure the wiring is perfect and not cross-wired.

Not knowing more about the system or being able to inspect it, it is guesswork.

There should be a pre rma test document for it on the manuals section, would be worth testing to confirm it is operational, then that only leaves installation/configuration.

0 Likes 0 ·
jros avatar image jros commented ·
The battery is a bank of sealled AGM batteries of 100Ah. The wiring is correct, when multi is plugged to the shore it charging the battery correctly and detect the voltage and SOC.

The three dip switches are off the remote relay is cable bridged, ... I don't know what more to see...

I haven't a GX...

0 Likes 0 ·
jros avatar image jros jros commented ·

Could be some related to capacitors?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Victron/comments/zv0u8z/phoenix_multiplus_does_not_work_with_lithium/

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic