question

carrpet avatar image
carrpet asked

EV Charger LED ring not working

I received a new Victron EV Charger with the LCD display yesterday.

I decided to commission the unit using a 240v single phase supply before wall mounting using a 10a cable and 13A plug. Plugged the unit in and all worked including the LED ring

Everything went exactly as expected. FW on the unit was v1.23 which does not support bluetooth so the manual dictates that the first step is to upload latest version v1.27 which does support bluetooth.

With v1.27 installed I was able to connect with my CerboGX and set up the device using the web interface but I noticed that the LED ring was not illuminating at all. I was able to connect via wifi and bluetooth but neither got the LED ring to illuminate or flash including using the "try" function for different LED settings. All appeared to be working 100% but no LED ring.

So I tried resetting back to factory settings both using the pcb mounted reset button and the web interface. When the reset button was pressed and held down the LED ring did illuminate at all.

I then installed the older version FW v1.24 but no success, I then upgraded to v1.26 and the LED ring did flash on intermittently during the FW install process but then no success.

I then reinstalled FW v1.27 and again no success.

I plugged the car in and charged for 30 seconds at 6a but no LED ring illumination.

The LED ring does not flash during the boot up process.

I would welcome your help as I have run out of things to try !

I wondered about a corrupted bootloader ??

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, it is a known issue on some devices. We will relese fw 1.28 soon, that is fixing the issue. So please wait for few days.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

carrpet avatar image carrpet commented ·
Thanks for you quick response. It is good to know I am not the only one with this issue. I am looking forward to receiving FWv1.28 as soon as possible ! Thanks once again
0 Likes 0 ·
szdan avatar image
szdan answered ·

Same issue here with two different charging stations right out the box.

2 |3000

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi all, firmware 1.28 was released today, please confirm that ring and screen issues are solved

2 |3000

carrpet avatar image
carrpet answered ·

Lucian, I can conform that FW v1.28 has fixed the LED ring issue. Thankyou so much for your prompt and accurate support

Peter

2 |3000