question

jakudo avatar image
jakudo asked

Limit charging current in ESS

Hello,

is there any way of how to limit the battery charging current when the ess and grid feed in is enabled?

I would like to expand my system with another MPPT, however, I don't want to install another battery.

Currently I have MPPT 150/100 and 3x Pylontech US3000C, which has 111 A in total as charging current.

If I add another panels with MPPT 150/85, the maximum charging current will be 100+85 = 185 A. Since I have the grid feed in enabled, it ignores DVCC limits (based on one of the latest notes here https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/dvcc---distributed-voltage-and-current-control.html)

So is there any possibility to expand PV arrays with another MPPTs and not need to buy another battery? (except to turn off the grid feed in).

Also, can somebody please explain why it ignores the DVCC limits? Is it a bug or it has some logical reason why it is this way?

Thanks,

Jakub

battery chargingDVCCess settings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

No, beyond setting limits in the charger themselves, it can’t be done.

It is documented as such, with the reason, and there are many existing topics available via search.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

DVCC chapter in GX manual