question

hanjo avatar image
hanjo asked

EV Charging Station "System data error" after Upgrade

The newly installed EV Charging Station had 1.23 installed, so I tried to update it via the VRM. This failed. So I downloaded the firmware and installed it directly via the web interface. Ran up to 100% and reported success. However, at the station itself the screen is black and it says "system data error". However, I can address and operate the station via the web interface, but the display doesn't work. The web interface says v1.27. Does anyone have an idea?
ev charging station
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi, can you try pushing the firmware again? There are 2 stages for the update process, first one is the main board, the second is the screen. Do not restart the device until both are restarted. If you still have issues, you can write me an email and I can have a look.

0 Likes 0 ·
hanjo avatar image hanjo Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Lucian,

after a loop on the screen for several minutes/hours with "Check Data... 100%, Update Failed:check Error!" I decided to turn of the power to restart the station.

Then I tryed to install the 1.27 again and the result was "system data error".

So I decided to try the C024, same failure.

After another restart I tryed the C025 again and know it works perfectly.

The Display shows also the 1.27 and works again :-)

Thanks for help!

0 Likes 0 ·
johannesh avatar image johannesh Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi, I installed a wallbox last week and tried to set it up. After setting up the Wifi it tried to restart. After restart I could not find it in our network, its own Wifi is gone and the wallbox is black and the error message turns up: "System Data ERROR!"

restart does not help either.

0 Likes 0 ·

System data error means the screen is not programmed. That's usually happening if the firmware updated is interrupted.

Was the Bluetooth enabled on that unit?

If you search for wifi Access Points with your phone, do you see the EVCS?

If not, there is a restore defaults button inside the unit.

0 Likes 0 ·
johannesh avatar image johannesh Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
There is no Wifi available anymore. Bluetooth was not turned on, so I can not get access to it anymore.

Do you have a picture of the default button?

thank you for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks for the picture.

It's nowhere to be found in our company network either. So press the DEF SW3 button once or hold for a few seconds? and then start from scratch?

It never started up when it was connected to our WiFi for the first time, so yes this looks like a corrupt update.

0 Likes 0 ·
Yes, keep the button pressed for more than 15 sec

Is the LED ring on? If yes, the firmware should be there.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Def button. But if you don’t see the evcs acting like an access point, it means it is already connected to your wifi
1000130517.jpg

1000130517.jpg (4.6 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.