question

notapro avatar image
notapro asked

50 Amp 240v shorepower to 120V AC Breaker Box in Sprinter (Multiplus II 2x120)

Hi All,

I have searched high and low for a solid answer but I can't seem to find one. If this has been covered, feel free to link rather than re-explain. Thanks!

SOME INFO:

I have the MultiPlus II 2x120 (24VDC / 3000VA / 70amp) in a sprinter.

I am using the BlueSea 120V breaker panel for my AC circuits in the van.

I would like to wire the shorepower input on the MultiPlus with a 50amp input using 6/3 (4 wire).

I will likely never need a 240v circuit as my appliances are all 120. However, I have a 12k mini split and a small water heater that sometimes run at the same time when not on shorepower. I will rarely use shorepower in reality since I am mostly an overlander.

QUESTION 1: Can I wire AC Out 1 on the MultiPlus using 6/2 (3 wire) to the breaker panel in the sprinter if the AC In (shorepower) is connected to a 4 wire 50 amp circuit?

QUESTION 2: Is it possible to use L1 and L2 on AC Out1 for two different breaker panels to have my air conditioner on one leg and the water heater on the other leg?

Thanks for your help!

-dale

EDIT: I think this diagram shows the L1 and L2 going to two separate panels which indicates the answer to my second question is yes, and possibly the answer to the first question is also yes.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/88223/victron-wiring-example-multiplus-ii-with-lithium-c.html

Multiplus-IIwiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers