question

cdsolar avatar image
cdsolar asked

MPPT firmware mismatch

I installed firmware 1.63 for my 150/35 MPPT via VictronConnect 6.03 on my Android phone. All is good with it.

However, on my VRM firmware update page, it shows my current firmware for the MPPT as 1.63, yet it shows latest as 1.61 the release I had prior to the update. I am not sure if 1.63 was ever offered in VRM. Any idea why there would be this mismatch?

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I also noticed that yesterday and asked Victron about that.

It's a known behavior and the cause is that Victron is working on that system in the background.
They working way to better synchronize the FW files between VRM, VictronConnect and Dropbox (Victron Professional).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
@cdsolar

Traditionally there was always one version higher offered in VRM. But don't stress about being on the bleedingedge of FW updates.

As the addage says don't fix it if it ain't broke.

The Victron Connect version is good enough for all the new features including the settings lock.

1 comment
2 |3000

cdsolar avatar image cdsolar commented ·
I am not worried about the firmware itself. I am curious as to the mismatch and why VRM does not show my version as 'latest'.
0 Likes 0 ·