question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v3.40~2 available for testing

Good evening!

With Venus OS v3.30 officially released, its time for something new again. Even if only to answer all requests regarding where gui-v2 has gone.. :)

There is only one highlight left, since the other two are now officially released. Peak shaving in Venus OS v3.30, and Dynamic ESS was launched today (!).

Highlight: our new UI, gui-v2 beta

1700597863477.png

Available in public beta testing for several months already; and receiving continuous updates and progress towards official release.

The details:

• It is still in beta, porting all the features and functions of the old UI over to the new one is an enormous task, and I expect that to take several more months.
  • Beta testing is best done using a browser, http://<ipaddress>/gui-beta. And you need to enable the MQTT on LAN (Plaintext) setting for that to work, but having it on screen on an Ekrano GX as well as GX Touch is possible as well.
  • More screenshots and details are in this presentation:

https://bit.ly/gui-v2

• Known issues - no need to give comments or answers on these, they are being worked on:
    • Notifications don’t work yet
    • Setting the brightness as well as screen saver / display off doesn’t work yet
    • Keyboard navigation is not yet supported in the Remote Console
    • Drill down for AC loads, showing the split between normal and critical loads is not available yet
    • Solar and wind priority controls are missing.
    • Connecting to wifi / setting wifi password doesn’t work.
    • Weather in side-pane doesn’t work yet.
    • The arcs aka gauges on both brief page and overview page don't work well yet.
    • Orion XS visualisation.
    • Various other things.

Instructions: Venus OS beta testing & how to join/install

In case you don't know what this message is about, please start with reading this link, which explains the Venus OS beta program. Venus OS is the software running on all our GX devices, such as the Cerbo GX.

Instructions: How to post an issue?

By posting an answer below. Do please keep all findings organised: one answer issue per issue. So first check the existing threads if your issue has already been seen. And if it does, add a comment saying "me too". And preferably some more details. And in case its not listed yet, add a new Answer.

Note that Answers and Comments are two different things on this portal.

Lastly, before posting issues, preferably first revert to the latest official release, to double check if the issue you're seeing was present there as well. Regressions require a different treatment than other issues and bugs.

And include information about the results/differences in behaviour in your report.

Instructions: Node-RED, Kevin’s GuiMods or other add-ons?

In case you are running Node-RED or SignalK, then please at least say so in your bug report.

GuiMods and other 3rd party add-ons: don’t report your gui issues here. Do it elsewhere instead.

Changes made by us can cause a compatibility issue with the GuiMods; and these betas report pages are for official firmware only.

Change log

v3.40~2

• New version of gui-v2
    • Show both grid and generator on the Overview page if availabe
    • Show arrow icon next to AC input gauge value when ESS feedback enabled
    • Fix display not switching off at user configured "Display off time"
    • Add manual display off button added to the status bar on the top. Allows user to quickly turn the display off again after looking something up, especially in the dark. Nice feature, thank you to those that suggested that!
    • Increase the size of status bar buttons (e.g. back button) for easier access
    • Overall performance improved, in other words: CPU usage by gui-v2 was reduced, by various improvements
    • Avoid stutter when leaving the main settings page
    • Fix inverted tank levels on the Brief page
    • Use custom name for tanks if available
    • Inverter / Charger details opening in the Overview page fixed
    • Crash when leaving the WiFi settings fixed
    • Fixed generator start/stop dialogs getting momentarily stuck on the screen on Ekrano GX
    • Hide the display brightness setting when gui-v2 is accessed using the browser
    • Various fixes to the Battery settings
    • Various smaller bug fixes and improvements
  • Various other changes and improvements that are in preparation of future functionality.

Venus OS Large

v3.30 -> v3.40~1

• re-add gui-v2 beta
  • generator start/stop: some internal changes related to cooldown and warmup and ignoring AC in to prepare for a different new feature that relates to "ignoring AC in" coming soon.

Venus OS
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hello all! v3.40~2 is available for beta testing per just now. Mostly entails a big update for gui-v2.

I've been a bit silent lately with regards to responding to the various comments made, I'll get back to that soon; all the best for now, Matthijs

2 Likes 2 ·
ojack avatar image ojack mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

What do you think about an option to define a startpage which the user likes most. For example "Brief". And then a configurable timeout after which the system returns to that startpage after last button pressed. Users who don't want this could choose 'never' as timeout.

I would like that because I don't want to navigate to startpage everytime after clicking around something in details or settings.

4 Likes 4 ·
sv-unsinn avatar image sv-unsinn mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
GUI-V2 is really great and i but I was not able to find out how to manual switch the internal Cerbo Relais. For the install it is quite important as i manage the Warmwater heating system based on temperatur on one side (automatic) and on the other hand i need to enable / disable WWh. Thanks Stefan
1 Like 1 ·
Hello all! Its been a bit silent on the beta testing front, ie. this thread. But not on the development side!

For now, this is a heads up: we expect to tomorrow put v3.31~1 out for beta testing.

It has various bug fixes and small improvements. But not, for example, gui-v2.

public test of v3.40 beta versions will resume after we finish the release of v3.31. Which is planned for early next week.

1 Like 1 ·
andrii-podanenko avatar image andrii-podanenko mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Welcome back @mvader (Victron Energy)

Thanks for the heads up

Would you recommend to downgrade to v3.31~1 from v3.40~1 to help with beta testing?

Are there any possible regressions expected?

0 Likes 0 ·
andrii-podanenko avatar image andrii-podanenko commented ·
Installed. No issues ;)
0 Likes 0 ·
stefan-jaeger avatar image stefan-jaeger commented ·
I did update from last Beta to 3.40~2 by setting>firmeware>onlineUpdates

After this the Settings>ESS menu was empty

Even after waiting 1-2 Hours and restart Multiplus and Venus

After this I did Downgrade to last Release 3.30 and anything seems to be OK again.

Is this known? or did I something Wrong? Could it relate to Dynamic ESS ?

0 Likes 0 ·
51 Answers
psadeazevedo avatar image
psadeazevedo answered ·

Hi,

currently running the GUI-V2 on my Cerbo and I'm loving it! I'm just wondering if we could have some extra information on the tiles as we have on VRM. For instance for the grid tile, on VRM, I'm able to see the L1: V A and W:
1718640121629.png

While on the GUI-v2 for the Grid and Solar Yield I don't see any details which are available when I click on them. These details seem to be available for the 3 phase systems only. I'm wrong ? Finally, I'm maybe missing some information, but why I'm not able to see any more my critical loads ? As I see them on VRM ?1718640167886.png

1718640121629.png (63.3 KiB)
1718640167886.png (190.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources