question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v3.40~2 available for testing

Good evening!

With Venus OS v3.30 officially released, its time for something new again. Even if only to answer all requests regarding where gui-v2 has gone.. :)

There is only one highlight left, since the other two are now officially released. Peak shaving in Venus OS v3.30, and Dynamic ESS was launched today (!).

Highlight: our new UI, gui-v2 beta

1700597863477.png

Available in public beta testing for several months already; and receiving continuous updates and progress towards official release.

The details:

• It is still in beta, porting all the features and functions of the old UI over to the new one is an enormous task, and I expect that to take several more months.
  • Beta testing is best done using a browser, http://<ipaddress>/gui-beta. And you need to enable the MQTT on LAN (Plaintext) setting for that to work, but having it on screen on an Ekrano GX as well as GX Touch is possible as well.
  • More screenshots and details are in this presentation:

https://bit.ly/gui-v2

• Known issues - no need to give comments or answers on these, they are being worked on:
    • Notifications donā€™t work yet
    • Setting the brightness as well as screen saver / display off doesnā€™t work yet
    • Keyboard navigation is not yet supported in the Remote Console
    • Drill down for AC loads, showing the split between normal and critical loads is not available yet
    • Solar and wind priority controls are missing.
    • Connecting to wifi / setting wifi password doesnā€™t work.
    • Weather in side-pane doesnā€™t work yet.
    • The arcs aka gauges on both brief page and overview page don't work well yet.
    • Orion XS visualisation.
    • Various other things.

Instructions: Venus OS beta testing & how to join/install

In case you don't know what this message is about, please start with reading this link, which explains the Venus OS beta program. Venus OS is the software running on all our GX devices, such as the Cerbo GX.

Instructions: How to post an issue?

By posting an answer below. Do please keep all findings organised: one answer issue per issue. So first check the existing threads if your issue has already been seen. And if it does, add a comment saying "me too". And preferably some more details. And in case its not listed yet, add a new Answer.

Note that Answers and Comments are two different things on this portal.

Lastly, before posting issues, preferably first revert to the latest official release, to double check if the issue you're seeing was present there as well. Regressions require a different treatment than other issues and bugs.

And include information about the results/differences in behaviour in your report.

Instructions: Node-RED, Kevinā€™s GuiMods or other add-ons?

In case you are running Node-RED or SignalK, then please at least say so in your bug report.

GuiMods and other 3rd party add-ons: donā€™t report your gui issues here. Do it elsewhere instead.

Changes made by us can cause a compatibility issue with the GuiMods; and these betas report pages are for official firmware only.

Change log

v3.40~2

• New version of gui-v2
    • Show both grid and generator on the Overview page if availabe
    • Show arrow icon next to AC input gauge value when ESS feedback enabled
    • Fix display not switching off at user configured "Display off time"
    • Add manual display off button added to the status bar on the top. Allows user to quickly turn the display off again after looking something up, especially in the dark. Nice feature, thank you to those that suggested that!
    • Increase the size of status bar buttons (e.g. back button) for easier access
    • Overall performance improved, in other words: CPU usage by gui-v2 was reduced, by various improvements
    • Avoid stutter when leaving the main settings page
    • Fix inverted tank levels on the Brief page
    • Use custom name for tanks if available
    • Inverter / Charger details opening in the Overview page fixed
    • Crash when leaving the WiFi settings fixed
    • Fixed generator start/stop dialogs getting momentarily stuck on the screen on Ekrano GX
    • Hide the display brightness setting when gui-v2 is accessed using the browser
    • Various fixes to the Battery settings
    • Various smaller bug fixes and improvements
  • Various other changes and improvements that are in preparation of future functionality.

Venus OS Large

v3.30 -> v3.40~1

• re-add gui-v2 beta
  • generator start/stop: some internal changes related to cooldown and warmup and ignoring AC in to prepare for a different new feature that relates to "ignoring AC in" coming soon.

Venus OS
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hello all! v3.40~2 is available for beta testing per just now. Mostly entails a big update for gui-v2.

I've been a bit silent lately with regards to responding to the various comments made, I'll get back to that soon; all the best for now, Matthijs

2 Likes 2 Ā·
ojack avatar image ojack mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

What do you think about an option to define a startpage which the user likes most. For example "Brief". And then a configurable timeout after which the system returns to that startpage after last button pressed. Users who don't want this could choose 'never' as timeout.

I would like that because I don't want to navigate to startpage everytime after clicking around something in details or settings.

4 Likes 4 Ā·
sv-unsinn avatar image sv-unsinn mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
GUI-V2 is really great and i but I was not able to find out how to manual switch the internal Cerbo Relais. For the install it is quite important as i manage the Warmwater heating system based on temperatur on one side (automatic) and on the other hand i need to enable / disable WWh. Thanks Stefan
1 Like 1 Ā·
Hello all! Its been a bit silent on the beta testing front, ie. this thread. But not on the development side!

For now, this is a heads up: we expect to tomorrow put v3.31~1 out for beta testing.

It has various bug fixes and small improvements. But not, for example, gui-v2.

public test of v3.40 beta versions will resume after we finish the release of v3.31. Which is planned for early next week.

1 Like 1 Ā·
andrii-podanenko avatar image andrii-podanenko mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Welcome back @mvader (Victron Energy)

Thanks for the heads up

Would you recommend to downgrade to v3.31~1 from v3.40~1 to help with beta testing?

Are there any possible regressions expected?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
andrii-podanenko avatar image andrii-podanenko commented Ā·
Installed. No issues ;)
0 Likes 0 Ā·
stefan-jaeger avatar image stefan-jaeger commented Ā·
I did update from last Beta to 3.40~2 by setting>firmeware>onlineUpdates

After this the Settings>ESS menu was empty

Even after waiting 1-2 Hours and restart Multiplus and Venus

After this I did Downgrade to last Release 3.30 and anything seems to be OK again.

Is this known? or did I something Wrong? Could it relate to Dynamic ESS ?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
48 Answers
ojack avatar image
ojack answered Ā·

Think you mean v3.30 here?

"Lastly, before posting issues, preferably first revert to the latest official release (v3.10), to double check if the issue you're seeing was present there as well."

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @OJack - thanks! Fixed, in a way that it will never go wrong again when copying/pasting :-)
1 Like 1 Ā·
ojack avatar image ojack mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Great solution ;-)
0 Likes 0 Ā·
h2009 avatar image
h2009 answered Ā·

This is a bug. Only started on 3.30 and still there on 3.40. Look at that usage.

img-5590.jpeg

img-5591.jpeg

img-5592.jpeg

img-5592.jpeg (484.8 KiB)
img-5591.jpeg (259.6 KiB)
img-5590.jpeg (261.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Pieter Boomsma avatar image
Pieter Boomsma answered Ā·

1711009607592.png

This installation is in Dutch, however klantenservice is a bit weird chosen i think :)

1711009607592.png (61.3 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Dank! Will be fixed

0 Likes 0 Ā·
coalen avatar image
coalen answered Ā·

Installed Beta 3.40~1 with no issues. However, found an item in the original version for controls that do not show in the beta. I use the generator timer and relay assistant controls. Good job on development of the beta! Coalimage-3-21-24-at-702am.jpg

2 |3000

Berni avatar image
Berni answered Ā·

Hello, will the gui-v2 in v3.40 also be available for Raspberry Pi users who have connected a touch screen via HDMI or DSI? For now, the gui-v2 is only available via the web browser or via the VRM portal.

If the gui-v2 is accessed via the web browser, the Onscreen UI setting for Gui-v2 (beta) version is available, but the gui-v1 remains visible on the touch screen and does not change to the gui-v2

3 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ā™¦ commented Ā·

@Berni

You can enable it under display and language.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Berni avatar image Berni Alexandra ā™¦ commented Ā·

Via my Raspberry Pi configuration, this option is only visible in the gui-v2 interface. I can enable there that I want to use the gui-v2 as a default, but this is not visible on the touch screen.

This option is not visible via the gui-v1.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala Alexandra ā™¦ commented Ā·
Does the screensaver work already?
0 Likes 0 Ā·
safiery avatar image
safiery answered Ā·

Drill Down on Inverter when on VRM> Overview no longer works. It did show Inverter/Charger details on Multiplus in previous Beta release but no longer in 3.40-1screenshot-2024-03-22-at-42041am.png

2 comments
2 |3000

terafirma avatar image terafirma commented Ā·
Can confirm this too. Using Betav2 GUI in VRM portal I am unable to click on the invert to go to the details page. Am not gear Ekrano to test locally.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented Ā·
Another confirmation of the same when running gui-2 via VRM
0 Likes 0 Ā·
safiery avatar image
safiery answered Ā·

img-6272.jpgThe Battery details display on the Touch 50 and Cerbo-s GX only shows cell voltages to one decimal place. The current released version shows to 3 decimal places. We find this fine resolution invaluable when a customer is recovering a flat battery: both when the battery is at 0%SOC and being changed and then when it is full charged to determine if any cells are damaged. We typically operate aroun 0.003V difference between low and high. lease can we have this high definition resumed.

img-6272.jpg (1.7 MiB)
2 |3000

Jaco Reinecke avatar image
Jaco Reinecke answered Ā·

I still would really like Loads split between (the old) AC Loads vs Critical Loads on one of the screens. :-)

This one has the space - please split it?

1711186749105.png

1711186749105.png (48.6 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

dutchsolarfreak avatar image dutchsolarfreak commented Ā·

@mvader (Victron Energy) Any plans for these nice "Solar Yield Graph" for AC coupled PV inverters? I assume @Jaco Reinecke has DC solar chargers

1711194853504.png

1 Like 1 Ā·
1711194853504.png (38.6 KiB)
Jaco Reinecke avatar image Jaco Reinecke dutchsolarfreak commented Ā·

@DutchSolarFreak , indeed, a 250/85 and a 150/35. Agreed though, showing nice "stripes" as indicated could be meaningless. Looks nice. Showing a production figure there, AC and Dc, now that would be cooler.

1711208230816.png

Data is there already:
1711208337516.png

0 Likes 0 Ā·
1711208230816.png (26.9 KiB)
1711208337516.png (15.6 KiB)
Jaco Reinecke avatar image Jaco Reinecke commented Ā·

I know this was said before - but a quick glance to a preferred screen showing it nicely split, would be really appreciated, as the old system entrenched that view. :-)

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar imagemvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā· Jan 10 2024 at 10:52 AM

Hi, if you want to see that detail, use the overview page (or a drill down). We're on purpose keeping that Brief page minimal wrt information.

It only shows the AC Loads, not the Critical loads too, but that screen is "old tech". Want to use the new screen as above to see it all. :-)

0 Likes 0 Ā·
wizwaretech avatar image
wizwaretech answered Ā·

Battery display on GX50 runs together.

1711263149649.png

Suggestion: Show those 3 values vertically right-justified on the right side.

1711263114468.png

And it would be nice if the Tank levels could be shown on top line like here:

1711263667983.png

Thank you for your hard work. I hope my suggestions are well-received.

1711263114468.png (139.0 KiB)
1711263149649.png (149.1 KiB)
1711263667983.png (561.3 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

luka-renko avatar image luka-renko commented Ā·
Or even better, show voltage on the left, and W / A on the right one above the othwer
0 Likes 0 Ā·
pv-bauer avatar image
pv-bauer answered Ā·

Battery temperature is not displayed
- in the overview
- in the temp menu

The battery temperature is only displayed in the settings ... Multiplus menu.

(Actually unsing v3.30 with Guimods, all four cerbo temps and the battery temp from the Multiplus sensor are displayed in the overview.)

2 |3000

ernstreiter avatar image
ernstreiter answered Ā·

Hi

in Settings-ESS, in the New Gui I miss the Option "Self-Consumtion from Battery" - "All System loads or Only critical Loads". In the Classic Gui its still there.

Ernst

2 |3000

fitmydashcam-ltd avatar image
fitmydashcam-ltd answered Ā·

New bug found - not wure if causes by Venus OS, or Orion XS Firmware - my unit keeps disconnecting and re-connecting. Cables are good.
[@Victron]

2 |3000

mnts2023 avatar image
mnts2023 answered Ā·

not sure if this is covered, but how would you activate the Superuser in GUI v2? as there is no centerpad in the GUI.
1711457332537.png

1711457332537.png (27.8 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ā™¦ commented Ā·

V2 does not run very well on a CCGX.

But super user is not set from the front pages but in the menus. It can be set with a keyboard on the remote console and if you read a little further in those instructions....

"Note that on a touchscreen, such as a Cerbo GX + GX Touch, there is no ā€œright buttonā€. Instead, drag the menu down and hold it down for five seconds. Or, use Remote Console."

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Jamie Greenaway avatar image Jamie Greenaway Alexandra ā™¦ commented Ā·

How are you enabling the new GUI on the CCGX? I have mine running V3.4~1, but whereas the Cerbo seems to have an option under display settings to switch to the new GUI, my CCGX does not seem to show any option.. or am I missing something?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
thomasw-1 avatar image
thomasw-1 answered Ā·

Minor bug in gui-beta:
Firmware version for BYD LVL15 is shown as hex instead of numeric, in my case "1.1A" instead of "1.26". Old gui shows the correct version number.
screenshot-2024-03-26-135959.png

2 |3000

thomasw-1 avatar image
thomasw-1 answered Ā·

Wish for beta-gui:
On mobile phones and tablets the new gui is not scaled up to full screen, neither via VRM nor directly called on a browser. Especially on a mobile phone it becomes a challenge to read micro small information, if gui uses only 1/4 of available screensize.

I would welcome, if there would be a auto-scale functionality included.

VRM:

screenshot-20240308-210518-vrm.jpg

Browser:screenshot-20240326-141311-firefox.jpg

2 |3000

jonnyhottub avatar image
jonnyhottub answered Ā·

This might be a dumb question but on the image at the top the rings show different colours for levels, how do you set this?

1 comment
2 |3000

The standard colour is blue when everything is OK, but in the example fuel is empty (0%) so is red as an alarm and waste water is nearly full (87%) so is orange as a warning. I have not seen inputs for alarm and warning levels so assume these are automatically generated. My water needs topping up.

capture3.jpg

1 Like 1 Ā·
capture3.jpg (29.4 KiB)
gharshaw avatar image
gharshaw answered Ā·

AC Loads in a Motorhome.

Is it possible or may I suggest a setting that when enabled would show the AC Output / Loads of the inverter ONLY on the Overview page AC Loads box . This would show true load on the inverter. The graphic is misleading to me when compared to the actual AC Out of the Multiplus 12/3000 inverter as seen in the screenshots. My shore input of 1553W is due to the Air Conditioner which is not powered by the inverter.

screenshot-from-2024-03-28-16-38-32.png

screenshot-from-2024-03-28-16-38-45.png

Thank you!

1 comment
2 |3000

elrubio avatar image elrubio commented Ā·

Is it possible or may I suggest a display setting for motorhomes, e.g. automatic mode, that when enabled would change the display modes dark and light at two preset times.

I post it here, because at the end of the page the reCAPTCHA is not working on my iPad / Safari.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Kaj Lehtinen avatar image
Kaj Lehtinen answered Ā·

Hi!

In 3.40~1 the PV graph eats into the data unit for PV while the load seems to be capped off nicely. This when showing the sidebar in the brief screen.

1711699617455.png

The moving bar under power and loads isnt present under solar and the solargraph seems static when compared to power and loads.

/Kaj

1711699617455.png (24.1 KiB)
2 |3000

cheyne avatar image
cheyne answered Ā·

I get reboots when I turn on my inverter in the beta UI. The inverter is a Quattro 5000 12v. This doesn't happen when I turn off the inverter.

Cheyne

1 comment
2 |3000

elrubio avatar image elrubio commented Ā·

Can confirm this too on a Multiplus II 3000 VA 220V in the GUI V2 running V 3.40-2.

Crash when leaving the Inverter details opening in the Overview page.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
h2009 avatar image
h2009 answered Ā·

@mvader (Victron Energy)
Sorry not sure where to add a suggestion however there's been a few days where the DESS has given incorrect forecasts on loading (possibility correct due to algo's) but my suggestion is the ability to override a predicted forecast which then sets the buy from grid amount, in turn the battery SOC. So It would be good to set a minimum and maximum SOC for a day, or range of days.

For example if you go on holiday the batteries may set to charge up to 100% but then that grid cost is "lost" when the batteries could have received charge from PV for example.

Or days when you know you're going to have higher loads - for example lets say you know your electrical demand is going to be large (Factory extra work, restaurant, party at home etc).

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
It is best to add DESS suggestions to the topic in Q&A since it isnā€™t altogether a pure function of the venus OS. I am aware now that it is in production that some improvements will be considered given the much broader use of the tech.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
ronaldt avatar image
ronaldt answered Ā·

In GUI-V2 the min and max battery voltage on the BMS is shown with one digit precision. That is not really useful on LiFePo4 batteries. The old version had 3 digits available. Please update this to 3-digits again.

schermafbeelding-2024-04-02-om-232910.png

schermafbeelding-2024-04-02-om-232929.png

2 |3000

johnjaymack avatar image
johnjaymack answered Ā·

I do not know if this is the proper posting area. I was running Gui-Mods but moved back to Victron stock software when I had a Cerbo issue in February. I am currently running V3.40~1, with Venus Large image and Node Red. Today, I ran my generator on a Periodic run to exercise it.

In the Generator section, I found the Warm up and Cool down section. There is also a Generator Stop time setting. I could not find information in the Cerbo manual 03/20/2024 revision that mentioned the Stop time.

I had the Warm Up time set to 60 seconds, the Cool Down time set to 300 seconds and the Stop Time set to 10 seconds.

When the generator ran, I could not be sure if there was a Warm Up time. When the Periodic runtime expired, the generator shut down while under about a 50% load. I did not have any cool down time at all.

I was at the panel watching when this occurred. I had wired in a set of timer relays to provide the cool down time while using the inverter assistants to tell the inverters to Ignore the AC to unload the generator.

You maybe working on this already, but I thought that I would report it in case that it is not being addressed.

2 |3000

johnjaymack avatar image
johnjaymack answered Ā·

I am using Node Red to accomplish something that I feel should be accomplished in the Stock software.

Some background. I live fulltime in a RV and travel year round. I maybe connected to Shore Power of anywhere from a single phase 15 amp circuit to a split phase 50 amp circuit. When I stop, I set the Input Current Limit to match may Shore Power capabilities.

My Generator supplies single phase power up to 70 amps.

I wrote a Node Red flow that does the following. When the generator starts, the Node Red flow detects and stores the current Shore Power Input Current Limit setting. Then the flow sets the Input limit to 70 amps for my generator. When the generator finishes running, the flow resets the Input Current Limit to the original Shore Power Input Limit.

As an example, suppose I am connected to a 15 amp shore power connection. While this connection will delay my charging time, I will periodically need to run the generator to bring the batteries back up to good levels. When the generator auto-starts, the input current limit is changed to 70 amps to maximize the power available from the generator. At the end of the generator run, the input current limit reverts to 15 amps so that I do not overdraw the shore power source.

I hope that this helps.

2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered Ā·

@JohnJayMack

In response to your first post, the warm up and cool down times allow the generator to run with ac input disconnected for the set amount of time when started and when a shutdown sequence is initiated by the Venus device. The stop time initiates a delay between the time the generator relay open and when the AC input relay closes. This is intended to allow for systems that do not shut down instantly upon relay state change so that ac load is not re-applied during the shutdown process. In order for these functions to operate properly the inverter must be on firmware version 508 or later. (Going by memory here, I'm pretty sure it's 508). You should not be using any assistants to control either the generator or the ac input during startup or shutdown sequence if you are using the gx device to control the generator.

In response to your second post, guimods has this feature built in now. There used to be a package called ExtTransferSwitch which is now part of guimods which will handle switching input between shore and generator, and automatic changing of the ac input limit based on the mode of input.

2 |3000

pieterjanvz avatar image
pieterjanvz answered Ā·

@mvader (Victron Energy) in 3.40~2 my seplos bms nor my Multiplus is not seen anymore as battery monitor, there is not even the option to select No Battery monitor ,

in devices the seplos and multi is available.

i reverted back to 3.40~1, thats working fine

1 comment
2 |3000

freher avatar image freher commented Ā·
Same here in v3.40~2 .. no battery monitor is available, no issues in v3.40~1.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
ojack avatar image
ojack answered Ā·

Why is Gui V2 so small at my Smartphone when starting it via beta-vrm?

1000020035.jpg

1000020035.jpg (191.2 KiB)
2 |3000

ojack avatar image
ojack answered Ā·

The new green arrow for feed in is nice.

But I would prefer a graphic with 0 in the middle and feed in in one direction and buying from grid the opposite direction. Feed in colored victron blue and the other red because it usually costs a lot.

1000020037.jpg

And for all that graphics I would pefer smother movments. They are to hectic.

1000020037.jpg (57.8 KiB)
2 |3000

ojack avatar image
ojack answered Ā·

And the last comment for the moment...

Why is for DC Chargers the daily Wh and for AC Inverters the overall kWh or MWh displayed?

1000020039.jpg

And concerning the units for AC Inverters you use kWh and MWh when the value is more than 1000 but at DC Chargers you stay at Wh even if it is more than 1000. Thats confusing.

1000020039.jpg (100.2 KiB)
2 |3000

wunderlag avatar image
wunderlag answered Ā·

So, maybe I missunderstand the purpose of ESS, but I'm following the development of it for a bit now and can't make any sense on what's happening with my setup.

Due to an error on Tibbers side, i'm was forced into an expensive contract with my prior electricity provider and now have to live with ā‚¬0.39/kWh for the rest of the year.

I still wanted to try the ESS and put in my buy and selling prices for electricity:
ā‚¬0.122/kWh selling
ā‚¬0.39/kWh buying
ā‚¬0.04/kWh Battery cost

My expectation: since 0.122+0.04 < 0.39 the ESS would determine that keeping the battery at least above 50% and using my generated electricity is preferable to selling it. (I use roughly 20% battery every night).

But the system always prefers selling to keeping the battery up. At most, it plans to charge it an hour before sundown, which is not nearly enough to do anything meaningful.

Is my logic wrong? Or have i set something wrong in my system? I also tried to set up the tibber prices, and i get the same behavior even when the prices are around ā‚¬0.28/kWh.

1 comment
2 |3000

ojack avatar image ojack commented Ā·

The DESS system is currently designed in such a way that it only stores enough to cover demand until the next price update at around 2 p.m. the following day. In the Node Red beta version, a target SoC can also be set at a specific time, which ensures that the battery is fully charged in the evening.

But in general: For a price structure with a constant purchase price AND a constant sales price, DESS does not provide any added value at all. Normal ESS is sufficient and works as you expect.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Sam Wutschke avatar image
Sam Wutschke answered Ā·

Hi, great update!

But:

Having a Cerbo, using a small flow on node-RED to tell the Relais when to close with enough mppt or Grid power.

Wenn im looking at the Relais status in gui V2 (which i would love to see in the overview) and moving back, the Cerbo reboots. (RAM problem?)

Quick reboot so it didn't bother me big time, but since it's a beta ;-)

2 |3000

solarmowe avatar image
solarmowe answered Ā·

I have a problem it would nice if somebody could solve it for me, i have or a victron engineer could log in and check,an offgrid situation when i update it claims succesful but it stays on the old version. now on 320~1 and updated to 3.40~1 but it dosen't update

2 |3000

ojack avatar image
ojack answered Ā·

I have a new problem after updating to 3.40~2 two days ago.
Since the update, my router has reported several times a day that the GX has reconnected. Previously I only got this message when I restarted the GX. So I suspect that the GX restarts itself multiple times a day for some reason.
Yesterday afternoon I booted 3.40~1 again. Since then there have been no more connection messages from the router.

1 comment
2 |3000

akouaenergies avatar image akouaenergies commented Ā·
+1, problĆØme de redĆ©marrage alĆ©atoire avec la version 3.40.2 ...
OffGrid - OctoGX - M+ 3000/48
0 Likes 0 Ā·
andrii-podanenko avatar image
andrii-podanenko answered Ā·

Installed

v3.40~2

Working good.

screenshot-2024-04-06-08-53-27-497-nlvictronenergy.jpg

Just to confirm I see fixes

AC 3phase meter shows phases on details screen - āœ“

3 phases load added on first screen - āœ“

Thank you @mvader (Victron Energy)

What is not yet done

screenshot-2024-04-06-08-56-54-512-nlvictronenergy.jpg

1. No data from MultiRS AC in and AC out. I assume it is in the queue of priorities. Don't recall this was reported, sorry if duplication

2. Can't click on Diagram (second tab) on History screen

screenshot-2024-04-06-09-00-25-695-nlvictronenergy.jpg

1 comment
2 |3000

Evgeniy Labunskiy avatar image
Evgeniy Labunskiy answered Ā·

Have some bug report on Gui2.0

When I open this section from VRM portal, I see 3 problems:

1. I have a duplication of MultiRS device

2. Ethernet state is unplugged, but GX is connected by ethernet

3. Looks like WiFi adapter is not identified, but it's definitely available in Cerbo :)

My system: MultiRS, Cerbo GX on beta v3.40~2, Pytes batteries

2 |3000

Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala answered Ā·

This how my site looks like, nice to have my genset visible now. I still hope that the solar graph would be much more detailed, scientific as that's what eveyone is eyeballing constantly.
1712753919336.png

Also, am I wrong in saying that the solar graph only shows the history as far as the gui has been running? That's ought to change I presume.

1712753919336.png (68.4 KiB)
2 |3000

caspartfg avatar image
caspartfg answered Ā·

Hi all, I have a quick question on the new UI... When i'm producing power from the alternators on my boat, the DC loads go negative. Is this by design as it feels counter intuitive (oh, and it messes up my reporting).

I would have expected the alternator reporting to behave in the same way that Solar reporting does in that I can see what i'm producing, what i'm using and what's going in / out of the battery bank.

I'd just like to check i'm not being stupid before I have a look at a workaround.

screenshot-2024-04-11-at-125830.pngThanks

Casp.

2 |3000

ulfilas avatar image
ulfilas answered Ā·

Hello,

since VenusOS 3.40~2 there is a change in the grid setpoint behaviour.

In my ESS i use NodeRed to change the grid setpoint to save battery for specific high loads.
In VenusOS v3.40~1 it is working fine the setpoint changes and the grid point is controlled nicely. But in v3.40~2 i can see a setpoint of 3600W in VRM and remote console, but the ESS controlles the grid point to zero.

My System:

MPII, CerboGX, custom Batteies 15kWh, ESS with NodeRed

greetings

2 |3000

lucekp avatar image
lucekp answered Ā·

Cannot connect to appstore on SignalK, it keeps saying offline and stays like this even after waiting, 3.40~2, gui v2, SignalK 2.50. Cannot connect via SSH, when trying to input root password on guiv2 i get msg that it is not implemented and inputed password do not work via ssh.

1712874551176.png

1712874551176.png (26.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered Ā·

gui-v2: Inverter mode Charge only and Invert only are still grayed out in v3.40~2.

My system is using a Multi Compact and Cerbo. Seeing this on the WASM build. Have not checked gui-v2 on the local screen.

2 |3000

rrr avatar image
rrr answered Ā·

This morning I noticed the situation:

- the network limit was full (the sales limit is 10kW and the same amount went to the grid);

- battery was charged in a limited volume, 8:00-15:00 about 2-4 kW (charging capacity is 10.6kW);

- the capacity of the producing inverters was limited down;

Wouldn't it make sense to charge the besieged energy into the battery anyway?

Because you never know what the afternoon will bring, and the prophecy of the sun can be false.

Finally I turned off the DESS to get the battery full, photo also below...

screenshot-12-4-2024-171511-vrmvictronenergycom.jpeg

2 |3000

corvus avatar image
corvus answered Ā·

I have noticed that when I use the gui beta it affects the screen of my GX Touch. The screen becomes black with a green square in the middle. The screen also becomes unresponsive until the curb gx is rebooted.

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented Ā·
Works fine here. Cerbo/Touch 70. Ran gui-v2 from local LAN and VRM. Local GUI (v1) continued to function. Even tried gui-v2 on the local display and that worked also.

Maybe more info about when you are seeing this issue?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
patxi-toller avatar image
patxi-toller answered Ā·

Gui-V2: changing measurements unit from W to A (Display>), the load devices (right side of display) change in A, while the charge ones (left side) remain in W

2 |3000

wizwaretech avatar image
wizwaretech answered Ā·

Tank display issue (3.40-2):

tank-problem.jpeg

tank-problem.jpeg (5.3 MiB)
2 |3000

lucekp avatar image
lucekp answered Ā·

Multiplus and Phoenix connected to cerbo.

Dashboard totally ignore power usage from phoenix.

1713050591337.png

Total is 47W from multiplus and 72VA from Phoenix. but 72 are ignored probably becouse of the unit. Even if it cant be displayed as Watts for any reason (seems to be old topic with cerbo), it should be represented on the dashboard somehow, instead of being just ommited.

1713050591337.png (64.6 KiB)
2 |3000

penfold1970 avatar image
penfold1970 answered Ā·

After reverting back to v3.30 from v3.40~2 the remote console from VRM no longer works.

2 |3000

Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala answered Ā·

Any change getting those main figures in the middle of brief-view when there are more than two circular indicators (tank levels etc)? There is plenty of space and font size could be changed to make them fit. Now the whole display is quite plain and it's supposed to be the default view after startup I assume. Or can I change it somewhere myself? Did I miss something? @mvader (Victron Energy)

1713176763944.png

1713176763944.png (38.5 KiB)
4 comments
2 |3000

Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala commented Ā·
Maybe there should be a setting what is displayed by default after startup.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
This is something I have also asked for. I would rather see the battery as default with SOC in the middle in larger letters. This current layout looks like something is missing and it is a bit of an eye-test.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala nickdb ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Those circles can be configured in settings but changing them had no effect what is displayed. Nor I can add any environment temperature there either.

To make whole view more appealing, I personally would add those tiny brief-hidden-pane-graphs

1713178263659.png

where is empty space:

1713179233106.png

and in my case load side could even have L1, L2, L3 and L123 graphs since there is so much space.

That brief-hidden-pane-graph is exactly what I hoped to replace the bar-graph from Overview solar box. It could run a bit slower thou.

2 Likes 2 Ā·
1713178263659.png (3.1 KiB)
Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala Juha Tuomala commented Ā·

hmmm... actually that power wattage is not needed inside the circle as it's at the left side already (1057w vs mockup 821w contradicting). @mvader (Victron Energy)

0 Likes 0 Ā·
blindbadger avatar image
blindbadger answered Ā·

Putting this in here instead of the other thread since I'm assuming the problem is with the beta firmware update check logic.

Firmware update check is showing a lower number (but newer date) as an appropriate update when it shouldn't. So people on beta firmware end up updating backwards to stable firmware of a previous version number unless they're watching closely.

2 comments
2 |3000

If you are on beta firmware the assumption is that you have made a considered decision to adopt the beta firmware and that you keep up to date with what is happening. I read the appropriate posts before going to V3.31~3. If you wish to revert to 3.40~2 then use the boot to previous version option in the Firmware menu.
1 Like 1 Ā·
wizwaretech avatar image wizwaretech commented Ā·
I just got bit by this too. Luckily I could still reboot to previous beta. But I can confirm that when checking for updates, the beta no longer shows up, and only 3.31 Release shows up now.
1 Like 1 Ā·
viccomhr avatar image
viccomhr answered Ā·

I simply can not start GUI mode some help remote or

Thanks Goran

1 comment
2 |3000

Check if you have loaded beta firmware V3.31~x because if you have then that does not have gui2. Read the notes towards the top of the post.
0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources