question

christian-cochet avatar image
christian-cochet asked

Wakespeed with cerbo

I have hooked up three Cerbo gx devices to wake speeds now. When ever I start the van the wake speed usually shows up as the saved configuration file. This current build it is not showing up. I have double checked the cables a couple times. I purchase a crossover cable and terminator to go from wakespeed to Cerbo. I have it the correct way with the proper terminators on the propper sides. They are in the V.E. can port like I always do. If I go into settings/Services/VE. Can port/Devices it is there. img-4242.jpeg

But on the main page when the van is running and is clearing charging from the alternator it doesn’t not show up as usual. Anyone have any insight?

cerbo gx
img-4242.jpeg (4.3 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

I'm curious as to why two MultiPluses would be showing up under VE.Can Devices - MultiPluses are VE.Bus, not VE.Can. Are you sure all your RJ45 UTP cables are connected to the appropriate ports? Post a photo of the Cerbo itself and the connections made, please.

Editing to add: my point being that if there are things connected on VE.Can that cannot be connected on VE.Can, that could easily throw off the reporting from the things that can be connected on VE.Can.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

christian-cochet avatar image christian-cochet commented ·

Cerbo

img-4245.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-4245.jpeg (2.1 MiB)
christian-cochet avatar image christian-cochet commented ·

Here is photo with the front cables removed. I did double check and the UPT does go directly from the multi to the V.E. bus port

image.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
image.jpg (1.7 MiB)
christian-cochet avatar image
christian-cochet answered ·

I figured it out, turns out I had forgotten to update the firmware on the Cerbo, which I thought I had done.

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·
Out of curiosity, now that you've updated the FW, does the MultiPlus still show up under VE.Can Devices?

I'm still trying to figure that one out, I've never seen an MP show up there before...
0 Likes 0 ·