question

gregoryx avatar image
gregoryx asked

Cerbo GX display died? Or a new setting?

I enabled the GUIv2 display ON the Cerbo GX and the display went blank. I got it back on the standard GUI using the web/remote setup but the display never came back. I got a new display. Same behavior - like there's no signal going to it. Is there some setting that may have changed to cause it to be blank? FTR, it doesn't ever do anything now - even while booting.

cerbo gxgui-v2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Did you update to official release V3.30 because if you did then gui-2 is still in beta not yet in official release. The release notes for V3.30 state that gui-2 testing will continue with V3.40 beta release in a few days.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gregoryx avatar image
gregoryx answered ·

Thanks for your response, @pwfarnell .

This happened with one of the beta versions - ~11 or something like that. I've moved to newer and older firmware - beta and release - and no change.

The problem now is that, at this point, it appears "dead" from the screen. But it is not dead - everything works but the HDMI. I'm considering defaulting it; but I fear that may give me a useless device if the ethernet doesn't connect by default. I can't recall how much config I'll be able to do from Bluetooth if it doesn't pick up an IP address... and there's presumably still no backup / restore option?

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·

Do you know if power is getting to the screen from the USB, could you try one of the other USB ports that are data + power. Otherwise, I do not know what else to try.

0 Likes 0 ·
gregoryx avatar image
gregoryx answered ·

Okay... problem resolved. It appears the USB port was the issue? I swapped cables with the GPS unit and the screen powered up. So... port died? Gonna have to check that next. Thanks for your help, @pwfarnell

2 |3000

gregoryx avatar image
gregoryx answered ·

Hm... just recalled that the port it WAS plugged into is a "power only" port, I think? Meaning GPS is likely not working now. End port is used for Bluetooth due to the internal BT issues. Guess I'll need a hub in there if that port is dead. But that port that no longer works is the one that's /supposed/ to be for the Cerbo Touch screen... Hm...

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
Yes, USB port next to HDMI is power only. I have a GPS and Bluetooth dongle connected to one USB port by a simple Y cable, both very low power devices, works OK.
0 Likes 0 ·
gregoryx avatar image
gregoryx answered ·

Update: used an external USB power supply to power it and then it started working as expected again. No idea why...

2 |3000

Related Resources