question

darkfall avatar image
darkfall asked

MPPT RS 450/100 Start Up and Operating Range Question

Hey there folks,

I've got the MPPT RS 450/100 (the one with 2 trackers) and I'm curious about the start-up voltage and the operating voltage range.

• Does anyone know if the start-up and operating range voltage is "per tracker" or, as a total of both strings?

The reason that I ask is that I've currently got 1 string going in, and it works fine. However, I have 2 more panels currently lying around (31.5 Vmp / 37.5 Voc) that I'd like to use on the second input of the MPPT. I don't want to add them to the existing string as the location would be different, so their power generation would also be quite different (shade would be an issue here, so I don't want them interfering). However, the voltage of this string would fall short of the start-up voltage (120v) and the operating voltage range (80 - 450V) of the MPPT.

My gut tells me that the start-up voltage is a total and the operating range is per tracker, however, I'd really like to verify this before I do anything.

MPPT ControllersMPPT SmartSolarmppt rs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

It is per tracker.

New firmware 1.16 lowers the operating voltage lower limit to around 60V, the spec sheets are in the process of being updated.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

darkfall avatar image darkfall commented ·
Great news about the firmware update info, thanks a lot for that!

I just wanted to verify something.

From what you wrote, I understand that the operating voltage is per tracker (thanks a lot for that verification). But, is the start-up voltage per tracker as well?

0 Likes 0 ·