question

Susan avatar image
Susan asked

Is my Cerbo GX dead?

1000012012.jpg1000012015.jpgWe have a Mutiplus II with Cerbo GX, vBMV 712 smart, and GX touch screen. We had the sense that some of our components were diplay models or repackaged, since instruction manuals had been read, quick start sheets missing, thst kinda thing, which makrs us less than confident in them. Anyway, our GX touch scteen is not showing either the MPPT solar or the Cerbo GX. It shows only the inverter. But we can see them all witgh Victron connect. Have turned off the SOC relay since we have lithium batteries. However info not being shared in the system- batteries at 90+% charge, but multiplus invertrr thinks they are at 10%. Should we buy a replacement Cerbo? 1000012025.jpg

cerbo gx
1000012025.jpg (4.5 MiB)
1000012015.jpg (232.9 KiB)
1000012012.jpg (362.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
brucesterj avatar image
brucesterj answered ·

Check the fuse on the 12 power for it.. if good.. power off everything and it might come back to life.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Susan

I suspect those missing devices aren't actually wired to the Cerbo. Cerbo won't network to them via bluetooth, even if you had bt networking turned on (don't).

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Is this a new installation?

The first 4 numbers after the HQ show year and week of manufacture. Two of those units were made Jan 21.

That's an old Cerbo, some died running on 48V. There's a list somewhere of affected serial numbers.

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

@Susan Your title is misleading, the Cerbo is not dead it is working because you have output from it to the Victron connect app and the Touch screen. Read the manual, you need a VEBus cable to connect to the inverter and a VE Can cable and VE Can terminators to connect to the MPPT. Have you connected these cables.

1 comment
2 |3000

Susan avatar image Susan commented ·

cerbo-gx.jpgYes, I have. (read & re-read the manual, and checked to make sure I am using the correct cables, checked the serial number and it's not one of the affected ones). The install is about a year old. As I mentioned, I suspect the dealer pulled some old display units or returns off the shelf and boxed them up. Here are some photos, please let me know if you see anything wrong. 1711764689406.jpegSmart Solar. Instructions say to use VE Can wire, not Victron Connect.multiplus-ii.jpgHave repowered multiple times. There was not a fuse with the CerboGX powercord. I have it plugged in directly to the green connector. Should it have come with a fuse?

0 Likes 0 ·
1711764689406.jpeg (211.9 KiB)
multiplus-ii.jpg (147.3 KiB)
cerbo-gx.jpg (229.0 KiB)
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

This looks like it is using a vebus BT dongle. As already mentioned, you can't build these networks over bluetooth to the cerbo. It needs to be wired and any smart-networking removed.

1 comment
2 |3000

You can not see the Multiplus inverter in Victron Connect without a dongle, so that is why I have the dongle. But I do have hard wires from Inverter and MPPT to the Cerbo GX.
0 Likes 0 ·
delf67 avatar image
delf67 answered ·

A Cerbo will never show in the device list, it is the device list.

The device list is displayed by the Cerbo to show what is connected to it.

1 comment
2 |3000

I want to see the Smart Solar controller and the inverter on my GX 50 touch display. They do not show up. The only thing showing up is the inverter. They initially showed up, but for some reason they went away and will not come back. Happily, I can bluetooth to them, but really would like the Touch Display to be functional.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Are you mixing BT and cable networks? This isn't supported and can cause problems.

2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

The inverter is showing up but not the solar controller. Have you tried a different cable between the solar controller and cerbo, tried different CAN terminators. You have a terminator in the VE BUS, you do not need this so you could try swapping this for the VE CAN ones. The other thing is VE CAN port set to 250kbps, see menu, services, VE CAN port, and check it is set to VE.Can & Lynx Ion BMS 250 kbit/s, or VE.Can &cAN Bus BMS 250 kbit/s.

2 |3000