question

Michael Stirrat avatar image
Michael Stirrat asked

Does Multiplus control AC voltage?

I've noticed an interesting thing with my Multiplus when running the generator, charging the batteries, and running the 1200W AC watermaker on my boat, vs doing the same without running the watermaker. The power coming in from generator and going out to the AC system is 120V with the watermaker running and 130V without the watermaker.

Does the Multiplus control the voltage when there are AC loads?

Multiplus 120v 3000VA 12V

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Not when in passthrough (when AC input is active). When inverting, the MultiPlus can control output AC voltage and frequency, but when passing through AC from the input, it cannot modulate voltage or frequency, it's just passing on whatever is coming in.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michael Stirrat avatar image Michael Stirrat commented ·
That's what I understand about the pass through. Any ideas on the change in voltage I'm seeing when the AC load is there?
0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ Michael Stirrat commented ·
It sounds like your generator is outputting an unusually high voltage that is then being drug down when under load from the watermaker... could be time to have the genset checked out!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic