question

jjvdm avatar image
jjvdm asked

Bluetooth connection without having to pair device

I have a Victron setup in my vehicle that I use when camping. I have a BMV-712, with a smart solar 75/15 MPPT connected to a 12V 200Ah LiFePO4 battery. I can monitor everything via the Victron Connect app on my Android phone. Works perfectly.

I have installed an Android head unit (Radio) in my vehicle. I have downloaded the Victron Connect application on the radio. I can open the application, scan for and see the Victron devices in the back of my vehicle. When trying to connect to for instance the BMV, it asks for the pin to be entered as it does when connecting the first time on any device. This is where the problem comes in. I assume the android head unit does not have the Bluetooth pairing functionality, because the pop-up that you usually get to enter the pin does not appear. The head unit also does not have a Bluetooth option that usually appears under the Android settings like you would on your phone.

I have several other Bluetooth devices like a camping fridge, TPMS etc. that can connect via their respective apps because they do not require pairing first.

The lack of the pairing option to allow connection to a Victron device is therefore very much a shortcoming of the android head unit, but I would still like to find out if there is a way to connect to and monitor a Victron device via the Victron connect app without having to pair first with the Victron device?

This will make monitoring my Victron setup in the back of the vehicle significantly easier while driving.

VictronConnectBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers