question

simon-2 avatar image
simon-2 asked

MultiPlus2 prevent feeding into grid - settings for a camper van in europe

This Topic is discussed here in quite some threads, but im still unsure what are the right settings for my case. So please forgive me to open another question...

• I have a MultiPlus II in my Camper Van and i want to travel in europe.
  • Under no circumstances i want to feed back into grid.

Can i use a Grid Setting that fit all/most Europe Countries so that i dont have to reconfigure the system while traveling?

At the moment i use "None: (feeding energy from DC to grid not allowed)" but from the Dashboard of VMR it looks like energy is flowing from DC to grid... so i think something is not right here.

1710193812167.png

Multiplus-IIcampervanfeed-in
1710193812167.png (81.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

You can visually confirm invertering is off when the system is in passthru. The inverter led on the device should be off. Only other thing could be powerassist that can support shore, but it won't feed in. Worth checking/posting a few of these settings.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@simon_

Just leave the Grid Code set to 'None', and don't have ESS installed. It won't feed back.

Those Watt figures are too small to draw conclusions from. By all means keep an eye on them though, faults can happen even though unlikely.

That -0.5A shown on L1 is strange, but doesn't multiply out to -11W. Maybe just zero error if it's constant.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic