question

mark-hutch avatar image
mark-hutch asked

Color CCGX display not showing orange PV tile

For years there has been no problem with the CCGX displaying the orange PV tile with associated Watts input. Then one day the solar MPPT controller suddenly stopped supplying power and the orange PV tile had dissapeared from the CCGX display. Solar charge controller was rebooted and the solar panels began supplying power to the system again but there was still no orange PV tile displayed. Since then I have checked the VE Direct ports on the CCGX and MPPT for damaged pins but all is good. I have replaced the 10 meter VE Direct cable, no change. When I go to the Devices page on the CCGX and search for PV inverters, it will not allow me to press to scan although that option is indicated.

CCGX Color Control
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Mark Hutch

The PV inverter search function only works for AC PV not DC MPPTs connected by ve direct.

Have you updated the mppt firmware? Or the CCGX?

If not it is likely the port on one of them has died.

You can check with a short ve direct to usb from the MPPT to a laptop or otg on the phone. If that isn't the issue then the CCGX is the issue if it is a a possibllity for you then you can try power up the CCGX by the mppt and check with the shorter usb to ve direct cable as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
mark-hutch avatar image mark-hutch Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thanks for the clarification on the PV inverter search function. MPPT and CCGX firmware are both the latest. I will get a short VE direct to USB cable and try that and revert back.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

If it has stopped producing power and there are no leds lit on the MPPT, then something has died. An mppt should turn on if it either has PV to start it, or a battery connection.

If it does have a led status light, then try connect to it via blueteeth, if it is turning on then off, that will most likely be a result of it not seeing the BMS and the VC app will show the error state.

With cables you know are working then one of the ends has cooked ports.

0 Likes 0 ·
mark-hutch avatar image mark-hutch nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
The MPPT is producing power, it is just not being displayed on the CCGX. I believe it is either a VE direct port issue as you have suggested or a cable issue.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers