question

matalanman avatar image
matalanman asked

Am I able to get the new GUI v2 on my Android Tablet?

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if it's possible to get the new GUI v2 working on my Android Tablet. All is well with the remote console (see attached photos) but accessing the new GUI (via vrm) on my tablet results in a continuous loading cycle. It works on my desktop PC, it looks great, but sadly doesn't seem to load/work on my tablet.

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

image11.jpeg

image01.jpeg

modificationsgui-v2
image11.jpeg (702.8 KiB)
image01.jpeg (940.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Are you running beta venus OS? It won’t work without it. Please keep beta questions to the dedicated topics that exist in modifications section. They already contain the relevant answers. Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matalanman avatar image matalanman commented ·
Hi Nick, thanks for the reply.

At the moment all I have done is install the VictronEnergy app and clicked remoted console to show the above.

To get to the new GUI, I logged into vrm.victronenergy.com via Chrome on my tablet and just clicked the GUI v2 beta. No clue what Venus OS is or how to get it on my tablet. Would you be able to help with this?

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@matalanman

If you are using beta which you likely are....

1000028514.jpg

Use the correct channels when you sign up for these sorts of things there are instructions on what to do.

Current thread in modifications Venus OS v3.30~7.

Short answer to your question though is probably "working on it".

1000028514.jpg (22.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

matalanman avatar image matalanman commented ·

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for linking those. I have followed the presentation slides and enabled MQTT so it works on LAN on my desktop pc.

Still unsure on how to get this link onto my tablet to make it work.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.