question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v3.30~7 available for testing

UPDATE 2024-02-29: CLOSED. continues in this post.

UPDATE 2024-02-19: Venus OS v3.30~7 available for testing.

Good evening!

Earlier this week we released Venus OS v3.20. see announcement here.

So, now we can start beta testing a new version again. Detailed change log below.

Highlight: our new UI: gui-v2 beta

1700597863477.png

The main highlight in these beta series is the new user interface, which has also been available for testing in the past few months.

The details:

• It is still in beta, porting all the features and functions of the old UI over to the new one is an enormous task, and I expect that to take several more months.
  • Beta testing is best done using a browser, http://<ipaddress>/gui-beta. And you need to enable the MQTT on LAN (Plaintext) setting for that to work, but having it on screen on an Ekrano GX as well as GX Touch is possible as well.
  • More screenshots and details are in this presentation:

https://bit.ly/gui-v2

• Known issues - no need to give comments or answers on these, they are being worked on:
    • Notifications donā€™t work yet
    • Setting the brightness as well as screen saver / display off doesnā€™t work yet
    • Keyboard navigation is not yet supported in the Remote Console
    • Drill down for AC loads, showing the split between normal and critical loads is not available yet

• Solar and wind priority controls are missing

• Connecting to wifi / setting wifi password doesnā€™t work

• Weather in side-pane doesnā€™t work yet.

• The arcs aka gauges on both brief page and overview page don't work well yet

• Orion XS visualisation

• Various other things.

Yours sincerely,

Matthijs Vader

Instructions: Venus OS beta testing & how to join/install

In case you don't know what this message is about, please start with reading this link, which explains the Venus OS beta program. Venus OS is the software running on all our GX devices, such as the Cerbo GX.

Instructions: How to post an issue?

By posting an answer below. Do please keep all findings organised: one answer issue per issue. So first check the existing threads if your issue has already been seen. And if it does, add a comment saying "me too". And preferably some more details. And in case its not listed yet, add a new Answer.

Note that Answers and Comments are two different things on this portal.

Lastly, before posting issues, preferably first revert to the latest official release (v3.10), to double check if the issue you're seeing was present there as well. Regressions require a different treatment than other issues and bugs.

And include information about the results/differences in behaviour in your report.

Instructions: Node-RED, Kevinā€™s GuiMods or other add-ons?

In case you are running Node-RED or SignalK, then please at least say so in your bug report.

GuiMods and other 3rd party add-ons: donā€™t report your gui issues here. Do it elsewhere instead.

Changes made by us can cause a compatibility issue with the GuiMods; and these betas report pages are for official firmware only.

Change log

Changes v3.30~8, 9 and 10

• Will be listed tomorrow - feb 29th.

Changes v3.30~7

• Fix MQTT issue causing issues on installations where many write topics (W) were sent. Just like the bug fix related negative numbers, see below as well as v3.21 official release, this write-topics bug also affected systems with customer-own software, for example special control loops that run a different ESS algorithm than the standard Victron one. The bug was introduced per v3.20, last week.

As far as we've seen so far, this fixes all reported and known MQTT issues that were related to v3.20 which had quite many deep level changes with regards to its MQTT implementation. Too bad ofcourse that despite months of testing we never found those, but at least with the help of various people reporting them and allowing us to access their systems we were able to fix them quickly.

For a full overview, of the issues, see this post here on Community.

And the -today updated- migration chapter in the new MQTT on Venus OS documentation.
  • Improve gui-v2 load time when accessed over the VRM Portal; and yes! this means its now possible to access the gui-v2 on VRM.

To use it, you'll need to modify your URL in your browser by hand to https://vrm.victronenergy.com/remote-console-2/123456; in which 123456 is the number that is always in the URL when looking at an installation in VRM.

Soon, we'll add a link to the menu on VRM.

Changes v3.30~4 -> v3.30~6

• Fix MQTT issue that prevented writing negative numbers over MQTT, for example to ESS set points. Affects systems with customer-own software that writes there; introduced per v3.20.
  • Improve robustness of remote firmware updates of the Victron VN-3P75CT Energy Meter. Thank you @Markus for helping to fix this!

(below items were added per 2024-02-19)

• gui-v2 beta v0.2.10
    • Fix keyboard not working when using gui-v2 in a browser
    • Add translations (Chinese and Thai are not supported when using it in the browser)
    • Fix Wi-Fi access point disabling
    • Fix enabling DVCC causing disabling toast
    • Fix nav bar getting stuck after visiting settings
    • Enable generator auto-start when the respective switch is checked.
  • Complete the disable LEDs feature on the Cerbo GX.
  • Modbus-TCP, add Orion XS registers:
    • Registers for input voltage/power
    • Mode (on and off)
    • Cumulative Ampere Hours charged.

Venus OS Large

Changes v3.20 -> v3.30~4

• Generator integration: add support for the DSE 8620-MKII
  • Add option for the Cerbo GX to disable the LEDs. More on this later, its not fully finished - no need for feedback now. gui-v1 only.
  • gui-v2 beta:
    • Make the gui-v1 <-> gui-v2 switch available in the Webassembly build as well. See the Settings -> Display & Language menu in both the current gui (gui-v1) and the new one in beta (gui-v2)
    • Update status bar icons
    • Show list of inverter/charger devices in overview drilldown
    • Show inverter/charger name in control card
    • Add support for inverter-only devices
    • Show inverter-specific control card for inverters
    • Show inverter-specific overview drilldown page for inverters
    • Fix VE.Bus drilldown to show the device state properly
    • Fix bugs related to data validity checks
    • Fix property shadowing bug in ArcGauge
    • Show solar tracker name in history views if available
    • Fix bug in changing multiplus mode of Ve.Bus BMS v2 devices
    • Prevent closing modal dialogs with outside-clicks
    • Remove auto color mode, only dark+light is supported
    • Various bug fixes in tanks, i/o settings, battery details
  • Add low battery alarm for the wireless Ruuvi temperature tags, this is for the small coin battery in the Ruuvi tag.
  • Includes certain features that were disabled during gui-v2 release, on of which are the recently introduced AC current limits for ESS systems with energy meters. (I'll expand this entry later)

Under water:

• Change notifications/warnings/alarms mechanism to prepare for gui-v2
  • Multi RS: add control points for, for example Dynamic ESS, to D-Bus. Not used yet by the upper layers in software.

gui-v2 screenshots:

There is a new page, called Brief:

1700597863477.png

The button on the upper right opens and closes a side pane for it:

1700597875345.png

The overview page has been redesigned as well. And the idea behind it is different. Rather than an (almost) correct electrical diagram, its more a functional one. With all generation on the left, conversion & storage in the middle, and consumption on the right.

1700599761868.png

Above is the dark mode. There is also a light mode:

1700597940491.png

And its no longer necessary to go deep into the Device list to, for example, start and stop the generator or modify the shore current limit. Day to day controls are now accessible using that small button on the top left. Here is how those controls look:

1700597981524.png

Venus OS
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Good evening (to most at least :-)),

a few updates:

1. Today we released v3.21 official, see announcement here: https://professional.victronenergy.com/news/detail/237/.

2. Just now we made Venus OS v3.30~7 available for testing, having the last piece of the puzzle needed to use gui-v2 over the VRM Portal, as well as having another fix on MQTT, affecting systems that use MQTT to write setpoints or other data to the GX device.

See above change log entry for details.

And a big thank you to @Ceri.w , @christian.gurk , @Drogos and others for helping to get the new MQTT implementation 100%.

Have a good evening!

2 Likes 2 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
ps. for those keen to read a complete change log:

various entries were missing in the v3.30~4 -> v3.30~6 entry, and I added them just now (gui-v2, node-red, modbus-tcp, leds, and more)
2 Likes 2 Ā·
james-kinsman avatar image james-kinsman commented Ā·

Really liking the new webui, it makes operating the system remotely MUCH easier and this is even easier now with the addition of VRM access. Is it possible to change the CORS instructions specifically for virtual console to allow it be remove embedded. Specifically the server victron-presentation.51north.dev

Refused to frame 'https://vrm.victronenergy.com/' because an ancestor violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "frame-ancestors 'self' victron-presentation.51north.dev".
0 Likes 0 Ā·
kudos50 avatar image kudos50 commented Ā·

Ran some fresh tests on the new system import current limiting feature. I do not see any change in behaviour from the first iteration that was part of the 3.20 beta for a while.

It did reveal an interesting thought:

If observed behaviour is correct and the other multi's will start charging to supply power to the multi that needs to invert to keep grid consumption for that phase within limit without punishing battery than.....

If observed behaviour is correct and the other multi's will still start charging even if ESS inverter power is limited to zero.....

What will happen if battery is already at 100% and unable to charge further ? Will DVCC override kick-in automatically thereby preventing this from going wrong ? Not something I like to test to be honest.

I got to this because in the DESS forum a user revealed he is using nodered to set inverter power to zero during the day to ensure DC-PV is charged instead of being inverted (as I do depending on price)

0 Likes 0 Ā·
34 Answers
Henry Pearson avatar image
Henry Pearson answered Ā·

Good work.

I am unable to drill down into the battery device details from the overview screen (see screen recording).

Also would be really good to have the auxiliary (starter/engine) battery shown somewhere on the overview screen.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

luphi avatar image luphi commented Ā·
having the aux battery displayed on the overview screen would be really nice. Same for the deviation of the main battery.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
Henry Pearson avatar image Henry Pearson commented Ā·
@mvader (Victron Energy) v3.30~10 installed today and still have same issue with not being able to drill down into device details from overview screen (as per video)
0 Likes 0 Ā·
Berni avatar image
Berni answered Ā·

Hi, will the gui-v2 in v3.30 also be available for Raspberry Pi users running the Venus OS software?

4 comments
2 |3000

Aaron Harrison avatar image Aaron Harrison commented Ā·
Me too - would be great to be able to test this on my Raspberry Pi devices.
4 Likes 4 Ā·
Marc Elvery avatar image Marc Elvery commented Ā·
It already is :)
0 Likes 0 Ā·
Berni avatar image Berni Marc Elvery commented Ā·

Yes, if the Venus OS software on a Raspberry Pi is accessed via the web browser, then the gui-v2 is indeed available (local_ip/gui-v2). However, for users who have configured the "headless off" mode and connected a touch screen to the Raspberry Pi via an HDMI or DSI cable, this is not yet available, as far as I know.

1 Like 1 Ā·
Aaron Harrison avatar image Aaron Harrison Berni commented Ā·
Exactly this - no option appears in the Display menu to show the new GUI. I did a little debugging and the field displays (if I remember correctly) if a few params are met - displayPresent, something else, and something along the lines of 'is guiv2 installed?'. It was this latter one that was returning 'false' on a late 3.20 version.
1 Like 1 Ā·
andrii-podanenko avatar image
andrii-podanenko answered Ā·

Installed v3.30~4

First issue I see - no Ukrainian translation in gui-v2 yet

Second - MultiRS multiplication is baaaack ))))

1708003863570.png

I'll get another one to my setup, I swear @mvader (Victron Energy) )))))

But I have only one still

Same issues exist

1708003675513.png

Shows Ethernet unplugged

1708003750989.png

Which is not true, see below

1708003782899.png

MultiRS Dual Tracker

NOt showing firmware version 1708005168501.png

1708003675513.png (99.0 KiB)
1708003750989.png (16.5 KiB)
1708003782899.png (98.2 KiB)
1708003863570.png (71.3 KiB)
1708005168501.png (53.4 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

andrii-podanenko avatar image andrii-podanenko commented Ā·
  • Add option for the Cerbo GX to disable the LEDs. More on this later, its not fully finished - no need for feedback now. gui-v1 only.

1708005588679.png

Tested - does work

Thank you!!! No more laser radiation from my Cerbo GX )))

1 Like 1 Ā·
1708005588679.png (27.2 KiB)
Christian Lindermann avatar image Christian Lindermann andrii-podanenko commented Ā·

Would be great, if we can see this in other Victron products :-)

0 Likes 0 Ā·

YESS!!!!!

Renamed trackers from MultiRS Dual - works in new gui-v2
Thank you @mvader (Victron Energy) and a team

1708006025594.png

1 Like 1 Ā·
1708006025594.png (45.2 KiB)

Issue with how Dual Tracker behaves in a new UI - slightly confusing
Expected UI
2 Trackers
Opening each - to see only data about this chosen tracker, not both

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ andrii-podanenko commented Ā·
Hey @Andrii Podanenko ,

Thanks.

Please know that its really not necessary to report all those gui-v2 issues over and over.

Gui-v2 is not finished yet, we have a long list of things to implement; as well as full comparison test with gui-v1 to do.

4 Likes 4 Ā·
akouaenergies avatar image
akouaenergies answered Ā·

Bonjour,

Pour info, il y a un dƩcalage infos statut mppt (installation sur OctoGx)

gui-v1 : float --> gui-v2 : storage

gui-v1 : Abs --> gui-v2 : float

gui-v1: Bulk --> gui-v2 : Abs

Ca serait sympa de voir apparaitre le nom de l'installation Ơ cotƩ de l'heure, utile quand on ouvre plusieurs interfaces en simultanƩes sur un navigateur.

1 comment
2 |3000

Noted thank you.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala answered Ā·

Wow, now the VRM version works as well:

https://vrm.victronenergy.com/remote-console-2/<instance id>

I wonder will the right hand side AC loads box be split to critial and normal loads like before or will separation happen inside the box?

Do you have a list of missing features that we can follow their progress and are they all acknowledged and going to be implemented or not? @mvader (Victron Energy)

7 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Juha Tuomala , there is a list internally; but not public.

Iā€™ll have it at some point - but not yet.

3 Likes 3 Ā·
Ps, over VRM it works a bit; and only sometimes. Iā€™ll announce once its really working and ready for feedback.
2 Likes 2 Ā·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented Ā·

what is <instance id> and where do I find it?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
ojack avatar image ojack Kevin Windrem commented Ā·
Its the 6digit number you find in your VRM URL in your browser.
1 Like 1 Ā·
luka-renko avatar image luka-renko commented Ā·

Interesting: remote-console-2 stopped working for me in v3.30~6. It loads, compiles, but then I just get black screen.
I have tried to remove cookies/cached data in browser, but no change. Same on Mac and Android phone.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala luka-renko commented Ā·
I even use it with rare KDE qt-based browser that uses qtWebEngine for rendering. And it works.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
luka-renko avatar image luka-renko Juha Tuomala commented Ā·
Ok, it started working again after couple of hours. Probably related to upgrade or some caching issue.
1 Like 1 Ā·
daniel-feist avatar image
daniel-feist answered Ā·

Any plans to show AC Loads vs Critical Loads in the new GUI in some way?

2 |3000

safiery avatar image
safiery answered Ā·

This release knocked out Dyness 48V Lithium from 500 baud CAN BMS. Reset back to 3.20 and batteries reconnected .

2 comments
2 |3000

@safiery are you 100% sure about that?

Nothing has changed that is related to that.

And although we donā€™t have have a Dyness in R&D, the others (Pylon, BYD) work fine in v3.30~6.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
safiery avatar image safiery mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
It could be that the services were reset , possibly BMS CAN disabled and I may have missed that. We switched baud rate to 250baud and placed on VE.CAN and all good now. We wont be using 500 baud going forward. We have 5 sites running the new GUI and no downtime. Well done, its very clean.
1 Like 1 Ā·
tika avatar image
tika answered Ā·

If embedded, the new GUI is not using full width or height of the frame. Here's a comparison:

1708069135616.png

1708069135616.png (100.5 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Henry Pearson avatar image Henry Pearson commented Ā·

Out of interest where is the 3rd screenshot from? Which app?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
tika avatar image tika Henry Pearson commented Ā·
1 Like 1 Ā·
CM avatar image
CM answered Ā·

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy) ,The Multi RS pass through feature will that come to the Quattros as well , would be totally appreciated ?

2 |3000

Juha Tuomala answered Ā·

Is the LCD screen-saver (display off after time limit) already working? Anyone tried?

2 |3000

Juha Tuomala answered Ā·

1708091478559.png1708091568301.png

I think we loose something when switching to this new artistic look/theme compared to the old one. The old graph, with the bright line and dark fill is both more informational and also looks nice. Also there is less numbers as well. This probably would need similar 'details' selection that would flood the box with details as before.

Home Assistant suffers the same artistic degradation, graphs don't look very scientific, but these systems are already very technical - so why use non-technical theme for technical context? In HA, those more engineering kind of graphs open when tapping the graph, but I don't see why they don't use them in both.

1708091478559.png (7.6 KiB)
1708091568301.png (9.9 KiB)
2 |3000

frank-ster avatar image
frank-ster answered Ā·

bug report , i cannot set the inverter only or charger only in this beta display. on multiple systems

2 |3000

gainestr avatar image
gainestr answered Ā·

Installed 3.30~6 on Venus OS. Trying to figure out why my percentages are not showing up on the display even though the graph shows the correct levels. Is there a setting that I haven't enabled? screen-shot-2024-02-18-at-100402-am.png

4 comments
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented Ā·

@gainestr If you go into Settings > Display & language > Brief view levels then you can choose to have the % values on or off.

capture3.jpg

1 Like 1 Ā·
capture3.jpg (31.9 KiB)
Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala commented Ā·

Same here, we both apparently have level sensors installed and VenusOS gets values for them, apparently there is no way to "select" what level figures would be at the center of brief circle? My fuel is currenly 0%, tried to put all brief levels to Battery but it still shows fuel circle there. @mvader (Victron Energy)

1708510783064.png

I also have temperature sensors for "environment" and find it bit odd how they are not display currently. I'd prefer to have Pylontech battery temperature there as a must as it's important for lithium - at winter my carage goes close to zero and at summer it may get too hot.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
1708510783064.png (38.7 KiB)
Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala Juha Tuomala commented Ā·
One thought about those brief-meters. Historically people are accustomed to the cauge-type analog meters. That is, they have zero around 19:00 clock and max around 16:00. That could be more intitiutive for a random person taking a glimpse of brief display at first time. Maybe Victron tried them and thought they were not artistic enough? @mvader (Victron Energy)
0 Likes 0 Ā·
Juha Tuomala avatar image Juha Tuomala Juha Tuomala commented Ā·
Yep, I switched tank levels off and now there is only one circle for battery and numeric info inside it. A lot of work left still.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
bottemlesspits avatar image
bottemlesspits answered Ā·

This is to note if somebody else has the issue of booting to a white/black screen when GUI mods are installed for standard GUI V1.

open http://<ipaddress>/gui-beta [ must have MQTT on LAN (Plaintext) enabled]
this grants you access to the system on New UI

Toggle the setting to New UI and back to standard UI and reboot fixed it for me...

(@ Victon team good job for anding 2nd remote console see both works at the same time )
Hope this helps somebody else out.

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented Ā·

If you are still having blank screen issues, please post to the GuiMods repo issues area on GitHub, not here in the beta thread.

https://github.com/kwindrem/GuiMods/issues

If you can include the gui log and also Venus OS, SetupHelper and GuiMods versions.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
dirks-1 avatar image
dirks-1 answered Ā·

I'm looking forward to a new gui. But can we also have EV Charger views? I have 2 EV Chargers via MQTT>dbus and they are visible in VRM but would like to see them in my local gui, too.

2 |3000

luphi avatar image
luphi answered Ā·

strange tank level values for current level and total capacity and wrong gauges in full screen view.

Old GUI is showing correct values.

Diesel is a resistive sensor connected directly to the Cerbo GX, the other three are voltage based and are connected to a GX Tank 140. So, the issue seems to be GX Tank 140 related.

1708345738262.png

1708345754739.png

1708345768185.png

1708345738262.png (865.5 KiB)
1708345754739.png (871.9 KiB)
1708345768185.png (790.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

noted, thank you!
0 Likes 0 Ā·
ojack avatar image
ojack answered Ā·

little typo.....

1708345800802.png

1708345800802.png (26.8 KiB)
2 |3000

rolandchart avatar image
rolandchart answered Ā·

There doesn't seem to be a space for the tank pump button in the new GUI, can't see an option to switch it on unless you go through the menus. Is this to be included?

2 comments
2 |3000

I would like to see the relays always under the device control, regardless what they are defined for, ideally with manual defined names.

2 Likes 2 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ luphi commented Ā·
hey @rolandchart and @luphi yes to both!
0 Likes 0 Ā·
piotr-sol avatar image
piotr-sol answered Ā·

v3.30~6 and all beta-gui versions before. When units are set to Amps,

reading for MultiPlus 24/3000/70-50 120V (3 in parallel, fw 508) constantly increases - readings are not just displayed, they are accumulated. So it starts like: victron1.png

After few minutes:

victron2.png

victron3.png

And if you wait longer it will displays kA!

victron1.png (58.0 KiB)
victron2.png (54.9 KiB)
victron3.png (55.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

noted, thank you for the report!

(note to self, #777)

0 Likes 0 Ā·
andrii-podanenko avatar image
andrii-podanenko answered Ā·

screenshot-2024-02-19-21-54-11-816-comandroidchrom.jpg

A minute ago found 3.21 in Beta ...

Didn't try to update.

Not sure about 3.21, can't find announcement @mvader (Victron Energy)

2 comments
2 |3000

yes, your message crossed mine; all clear now I suppose.
1 Like 1 Ā·
andrii-podanenko avatar image andrii-podanenko mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Thank you
0 Likes 0 Ā·
christiangurk avatar image
christiangurk answered Ā·

Hi,

I've tested the new GUI-v2 and I'm wondering what these gauges and baragraphs are doing?!

1708440268006.png

What's minimum, what's maximum? Can I specify these limits of the different gauges? Otherwise they make no sense and are only eye candy... Also for the grid gauge it would be good to have a mark at 0W and maybe different bar color for consumption (red) and feed in (blue)?!

The same for the "Overview":

1708440792745.pngWhat's the scale of the grid meter bar?! Should be the same as for the "Brief" windows. In gridmeter L1 L2 L2 is missing? In AC Loads it's shown...So nice look, but functionality is quite a step back in my point of view. But it's still beta, so hope for more things to configure in the future.

Thx for the great work anyhow!

Christian

1708440268006.png (41.9 KiB)
1708440792745.png (57.8 KiB)
2 |3000

anhoume avatar image
anhoume answered Ā·

At the moment v3.30 seem to send all MQTT data to VRM all the time, not respecting the set VRM logging interval (4 hours in my case). This is causing quite a lot of traffic over my LTE connection. Is it on the todo list to get this fixed?

1 comment
2 |3000

Hey @andre.holgersson@callisto.nu ; it doesn't send all data all the time. It only does that when its being used:

1) VRM Page open on webbrowser somewhere.

2) VictronConnect App open somewhere and connected to an installation.

3) Self made MQTT client that transmits keep alives somewhere.

To make sure this never happens, even in above cases, disable the VRM Two way communication setting in the GX.

1 Like 1 Ā·
grua avatar image
grua answered Ā·

Thank you very much for this new GUI, it looks really great and is very intuitive to use!

I have the following suggestions, maybe you can take them into consideration?

1708456774941.png

1. Grid: different colors for feed-in and purchase

2. Show battery power [W] instead of voltage and current, or show W as main valud an V and A as additional values in smaller font

Thanks and keep up your good work!

1708456774941.png (44.6 KiB)
2 |3000

alan-peng avatar image
alan-peng answered Ā·

Venus OS v3.30~7.

Chinese display is not working on Touch 70.

1708486956386.png

1708486956386.png (3.3 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hey @Alan Peng , thank you! Bug indeed, and will be fixed soon.
1 Like 1 Ā·
Juha Tuomala answered Ā·

Does inverter/chargers have an internal temperature sensor and fan-status redable via modbus? It would be nice addition to gui-v2. @mvader (Victron Energy)

1 comment
2 |3000

1 Like 1 Ā·
pf-1 avatar image
pf-1 answered Ā·

I often access the gui via the Safari browser on an (i-)phone. There it is locatetd more or less fixed, on one of several tabs

When I switch to the tab of the old gui, I always find the current values of the last page I called up (overview, settings, etc.)

In the tab of the new gui, I can also see the last page called up, but the values are not up-to-date and they are not updated automatically.

When I refresh the page, I always end up on the brief page after looking at the intro.

For me this is a step backwards.

1 comment
2 |3000

I'll ask the developers to look into that- thanks!
1 Like 1 Ā·
sebastian-w avatar image
sebastian-w answered Ā·

Won't start up on the Venus GX.

Stuck on the "Connection".skƦrmbillede-2024-02-23-kl-145035.png

1 comment
2 |3000

Have you enabled MQTT on LAN ?
0 Likes 0 Ā·
iand avatar image
iand answered Ā·

Tried accessing gui-V2 remotely (Firefox) using VRM, get the message "Error -- this gateway does not support the new remote console!"

4 comments
2 |3000

w8dev avatar image w8dev commented Ā·

The specific Remote Console link still doesn't work, however you can use a custom URL remotely to access the new UI. They'll update the link in a future release.

To use it, you'll need to modify your URL in your browser by hand to https://vrm.victronenergy.com/remote-console-2/123456; in which 123456 is the number that is always in the URL when looking at an installation in VRM.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
iand avatar image iand w8dev commented Ā·
That's exactly what I did before getting the error message... :-(
0 Likes 0 Ā·
w8dev avatar image w8dev iand commented Ā·

What Venus OS version are you running? It seems to be supported only in beta v3.30~7

0 Likes 0 Ā·
iand avatar image iand w8dev commented Ā·

Ahh, of course, silly me -- my Cerbo is still running v3.10... :-)

(it's on a boat 160 miles away, so I'm not going to risk a beta installation in case it screws things up)

1 Like 1 Ā·
Daniele Calabrese avatar image
Daniele Calabrese answered Ā·

Running 3.30.7 and cannot accessRemote console and signal.k1000035976.jpg

1000035976.jpg (138.8 KiB)
2 |3000

kstyler avatar image
kstyler answered Ā·

In the VRM GUI V2 the Orion is now shown as Generator? In Previous Versions it was shown as Alternator, what I definitely prefer.

bildschirmfoto-2024-02-26-um-160653.png

bildschirmfoto-2024-02-26-um-160849.png

2 |3000

Henry Pearson avatar image
Henry Pearson answered Ā·

The temperature scale needs some work - just testing with a few, alternator temperature is up at 78 which is not entirely unreasonable. But in UK I can't image it getting to -40!

Either make it auto scale or allow us to customise the range.

1709046663690.png

1709046663690.png (37.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered Ā·

Bug in first relay when set to alarm.

toggling Alarm relay On toggles the state of the SECOND relay, not the first one.

This is in v3.30~3 thru ~7 but not in v3.21 or 3.22

In v3.21 and previous versions the code for that switch use Relay.relayOn for state display and changes. But in v3.30~7, the code is relay1Item.getValue() and relay1Item.setValue(checked). relay1Item binds to com.victronenergy.system/Relay/1/State not com.victronenergy.system/Relay/0/State.

2 |3000

thieu avatar image
thieu answered Ā·

I recently replaced my gridmeter ET340 with the new VM-3P75CT because it's faster.
But also the readout in the GUI-V2 is showing the fast update rate. So the value is changing 10 times a second and therefore hard to read.
In the original GUI, it's updating the value just as "slow" as the rest of the values, and thus very readable.

Would be nice to slow down this readout update rate to match the rest of the values.

V3.30~7

2 |3000

marnix2 avatar image
marnix2 answered Ā·

I could use some instructions for those running behind a revproxy. Apparently it needs some connection to port 9001. Would be nice if this was all done through the (same) https conn.

2 |3000

Related Resources