question

dmq avatar image
dmq asked

Multiplus 12/500 no light not functioning

Dear forum

my Multiplus 12/500 stopped working. I do not know why (it was running, no manual changes).

When I provide the MP with 13.5V DC from a power supply I can see, that it uses 1.6W. I can measure the voltage between the positive input terminal and the transformator (13.3V DC). But there is no light and I can not see the MP through USB / MK3 interface. No other parts are connected to it.

Does someone has an idea / clue?

Thank you very much in advance,

Christian

Multiplus-IIfault
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
dmq avatar image
dmq answered ·

Does someone know if this device just has one exchangeable fuse (the one which sits directly at the positive 12V DC input terminal)?

I checked the capacitors (just looking on the surface etc.) - I can't see some obvious damage.

Could it be that the flash storage of the microcontroller is damaged?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sorry, but you need to contact the dealer and probably return it for service/repair.

2 |3000

dmq avatar image
dmq answered ·

Thank you. Unfortunately it is out of warranty. I live in germany: does somone know a good repair shop / contact?

5 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
It may be cheaper to replace it.

Use the where to buy link on the victron site. It will show suppliers in the area that are repair centers.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

They're only serviceable by Victron. Green Akku have been good to me. Empfehlenswert.

https://greenakku.de/

0 Likes 0 ·
dmq avatar image dmq kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Ok thank you both. I know greenakku but never had an order there. Sad that I need to replace the whole unit. The unit is only 5 years old and in production use for about 1 year. Don't understand what happened. I was in hope that Victron Inverters would be quiet robust and that parts can be repaired. Not good but maybe I should just leave it behind me.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ dmq commented ·
Check the serial number. It starts HQ, followed by year and week. Warranty is 5 years. Talk to the vendor, you may be lucky.
0 Likes 0 ·
dmq avatar image dmq kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks. Probably no luck - nearly 6 years ;-)
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Faults with Victron equipment are best discussed directly with your dealer - this can be formalised with this support request form.