question

jakecloss avatar image
jakecloss asked

I am about to buy a easysolar 5kva 48v. And my question is how far away from the controler/charger can the Color Control unit still connect?

CCGX Color Control
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jakecloss avatar image jakecloss commented ·

Ok all my panels are ground mounted, and are about 30 meters away from our house and workshop, I want to have easysolar 48 5kva unit and batterys in a small building next to the panels and then distribute ac from there.

This is to eliminate the need for very large cables from panels to thecontroller.

I'd like to be able to monitor, change setting and control the genarator from the house and work shop.

please feel free to point out any errors in my thinking I am a novice.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ jakecloss commented ·

Phew, all good. Ignore my 'sacrilege' references. Most, if not all, of what you are thinking is possible over ethernet, wifi, even EoP.

There may be little 'challenges' which arise, but I can't imagine what they might be. Whatever, they'll be surmountable.

Go ahead. Give your Easy some www (and free VRM) back at the house and enjoy the experience..

0 Likes 0 ·
hemaris avatar image hemaris jakecloss commented ·

The main limitation may be the VE.direct cable length (max 10m). MPPT is connected to CCGX via VE-direct cable. see the following thread

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/7445/vedirect-cable-length-1.html

0 Likes 0 ·
jakecloss avatar image jakecloss commented ·

Thank you very much. This resource is fantastic when your grasping at straws

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Jake. Not sure what you're proposing doing here, but if it's just accessing the CCGX, then an ethernet cable might be good for 100m or so, wifi perhaps less, but anything's possible there.

If you're thinking pulling the CCGX from the front panel and relocating it, I call 'Sacrilege'. :)

Maybe 10m or so then, and a lot of mucking about with wires & adaptors. I have one of those Easy's myself, the CCGX stays with the blue box and equivalent access via a laptop on the coffee table. In my case a 10m ethernet cable does the trick.

If you're thinking the sacrilege way, please don't. But forgive me if you do, it's your kit..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Connect a RJ45 Ethernet cable to the CCGX and plug the other end into you WiFi-router.

So you can connect to the remote console directly via your Wifi or from all around the world via VRM-portal.

2 |3000