question

4speedfunk avatar image
4speedfunk asked

1997 Vintage tach - hour meter running backwards!

Boat is a 1997 Catalina-400. Motor is a Westerbeke-42b. Tach is an original Victron analog type with a built-in hour meter. Tach works well, with no issues...and operates "forward". But the hour meter is scrolling backwards. Any idea on how to fix this?

I found some dip switches on the back panel, but I'm reluctant to mess with them because the tach works fine. The only issue is the hour meter, and I suspect these switches only adjust the tach (not the hour meter)....

The previous owner has added an outboard adjustable voltage regulator, and I suppose its possible something is mis-wired but, I have had no charging issues. There is only ground and +12v connections on this tach. Is it possible they are reversed? Would this cause the hour meter to run backwards? But not the tach?

I realize this has nothing to do with modern Victron devices. The gauge division of Victron was sold long ago (SeaWard Inc) and I'm simply trying to find someone that was around Victron in 1997 that would know something about this tach/hour meter.

Any help appreciated....CJ in USA.

wiringGrounding
img-1225.jpg (108.9 KiB)
img-1224x.jpg (116.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
4speedfunk avatar image
4speedfunk answered ·

Update. Someone has informed me this is a Teleflex tach...not a Victron.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Wiring Unlimited Book