question

garnet avatar image
garnet asked

If I’ve broken my vrm_auth_token.txt file on a Venus GX, how do I connect to the VRM Portal?

I was doing this;

https://github.com/SignalK/signalk-server-node/issues/517

And I messed up saving the files correctly.

The broken wifi access point doesn’t bother me, but I am wondering how to regain access to the vrm portal.

Here is what was mentioned;

vrm_auth_token.txt ...without it the system won't be able to send data to VRM anymore. Either make sure to keep that file, or after having booted the new version, go to the VRM Portal, Settings -> General. And scroll to the bottom. There will be an option to reset the token. This option is only visible afterthe portal has received data from the reflashed device.

Is there a way to recreate this file?

As an aside, signalk server running on a Venus GX did work..kind of.

Only the boats nmea2000 data that the Venus os could recognize was converted to signalk. The rest of the nmea2000 data was ignored.

I.e. tank levels and a bmv702 connected via ve.direct to nmea2000 was detected and converted to signalk, but no data from any other nmea2000 device was.

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
garnet avatar image
garnet answered ·

I’ve got it.

I was able to use the vrm portal to send a reset token to the device.

It worked.

I’m back up and running now.

Thank you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.