question

lifewithmike avatar image
lifewithmike asked

US Split Phase w/ 230v Multiplus+Transformer CT requirements for ESS

Background: I'm in US and looking to add Victron on my existing Enphase system to self consume my energy i export currently. I already have 40kWh of AC Coupled Enphase storage, but looking to add 30kWh of storage behind Victron Multiplus II's.

HomeDraft.pdf

Questions.

1. If I get a 230v Multiplus II, it has 1 CT sensor i don't think I can install that CT on L1 or L2 and it work properly, even if I have a neutral forming transfer to give me 120v L1 to N or L2 to N. I think it would only look at one phase and Victron would PowerAssist/Charge based on import/export of that one leg or phase, right? Event if I had the Victron 3 phase meter to measure both L1/L2 for split phase the 230v transformer can only control 1 leg of the output technically too i believe? *My attached PDF doesn't represent this model/scenario described here.
  2. If i got with 2 Multiplus II's, one will be L1, second will be L2, just like this electrical diagram above in my background section. Say L1 is pulling 2500w and L2 is pulling 1000w + its night, so no PV and Enphase Batts are drained, so i'm importing from grid these figures, I assume the L1 multiplus will PowerAssist 2500w and the L2 will PowerAssist 1000w?
  3. I assume for this ESS PowerAssist/PowerBoost use case, I can use an CT/Meter device outside the internal one or 3.5mm wired one on the Multiplus? i.e. VM-3P75CT or a ModBus over TCP device into the Cerbo GX to control the Multiplus II's?
  4. Can the Victron setup described in #2 above work in Grid down scenario where Enphase system is using IQ8s on roof and in batters to have its own grid? My guess is no due to complexity and Enphase IQ8s and batteries will do their own thing to try to meet demands of max charging on its system + meet home demands dynamically.
Multiplus-IIEnergy Meter
homedraft.pdf (4.1 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers