question

puven avatar image
puven asked

Multi rs solar AC in problem

Having trouble getting ac in to work. Even asked for help from the company purchased from and still not worked it out. Inverter sees power coming in but relay not activating. Is it a setting problem or is relay bridge on the little plug on the inverter.

If someone who has it working could lay out the steps in simple 1.2.3.4 steps that would be really appreciated. I’m going around in circles.

Thanks

Multi RS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Puven

The first settings I would check are:

Disable UPS mode

Disable conditional AC input connection

I am not sure what you mean by the relay plug. It should have nothing to do with with connecting the AC supply to the AC input terminals.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

puven avatar image
puven answered ·

Hi Guy

Have tried everything. Including resetting multiple times. Something is wrong with the AC IN relay because settings aren't changing anything. I went through it with the retailer I purchased from and we tried various options and I now have put in a warranty claim.

Relay "plug bridge". it was a suggestion for the terminal on the multiplus that might need to be bridged, but nobody has needed to do that in the past to make the AC In work so I didn't try it. It didn't make sense to me anyway and I was worried about shorting something out.

When plugged into a battery, AC out works, but the AC In just wont play.

1 comment
2 |3000

cleanshot-2024-02-29-at-183533.jpg

Hi @Puven,

Could you please take a screenshot of this screen in VictronConnect while the AC input is connected?

0 Likes 0 ·