question

canamsteve avatar image
canamsteve asked

Protecting terminals

I have a number of Victron products. In fixed applications I have no issue with the layouts, but in 4X4 use, where space is tight and there is frequent vibration, I am less happy with the exposed terminals on some of the products (Ctyrix-ct and Smart battery protect)

Are there Vicron or aftermarket shrouds or caps available that will protect these terminals from accidental shorts? I'm currently (no pun intended) using bits of rubber matting zip tied in place

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@CanAmSteve

I use heat shrink sleeving. And Amazon has a bunch of rubber terminal caps.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

canamsteve avatar image canamsteve commented ·
Thanks. The problem is that with cables attached, it becomes difficult to use those types of product. Some sort of plastic shroud might work - possibly I can 3D print something. At the moment, I have used a small block of wood, drilled so that the terminals push in
0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

I used these and they seem to cover the terminals well

These are from Aliexpress

IMG_0619.png

img-0619.png (9.8 MiB)
2 |3000

roblatour avatar image
roblatour answered ·

I designed these 3D print files for my battery (with M8 terminals): https://www.printables.com/model/819501-battery-terminal-cover-for-m8-hex-nut-terminals-li

2 |3000