question

mikeb avatar image
mikeb asked

Anti islanding

Hi

Has anyone added or installed anti island on the ac1 out of a multi/Quattro ?

The set up would be multi or Quattro AC coupled on the output 1 of the above inverters

No ac2 out connection

No grid or genny input on the input sides of the multis or Quattro's

The reason for the question is to keep a grid tie inverter on the out put working on grid outage

Regard

Mike

N

AC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, I dont understand your question? There is no need to install an anti-islanding relay on the ac-out.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mikeb avatar image
mikeb answered ·

Hi

Thanks for your reply

In the uk when there is a grid outage no power is allowed to be put in to the grid G99 compliance.

So a for example in a Victron Quattro With no AC grid connected on the ac1 input and the pv is also on the input

But a pv inverter (a fronuis pv inverter for example) connected on the ac1 I put of the Quattro and the ac1 input of the Quattro connected in parallel with the grid And ess assistant installed on the Quattro

In order to keep the pv inverter and the Quattro powering the loads in a grid outage a anti island relay/controls would need to be installed ?

The reason I ask is in most installs it’s not practical and cost affective to swap the installation to essential loads and most would want to carry on using all loads regardless of how big they are. By selecting the appropriate inverter size to suit

Hope this explains

Regards

mike

2 |3000