question

groningen avatar image
groningen asked

Temperature reading inside cabinet - What options can I use.

I would like to keep "tabs" on the temperature of the battery cabinet.

I have seen some nice installs with a Ruuvi tag as this is wireless and fairly good range, so hense this is an option.

I was also wondering, can I use the temp sensor of the Multi (the one you get in the box, red/black wires) to achieve the same? If so, can I use the open port on the Cerbo? or is this only valid for the T-Sence?

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

The Cerbo GX and the Multiplus use the same type of temperature sensor so you can fit the one you already have.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

groningen avatar image
groningen answered ·

@pwfarnell

OK thank you for the reply. I will install this sensor in the Cerbo and see what I get.

3 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Groningen just FYI you need to verify it is reading correctly. Sometimes it needs an offset to calibrate it. (Can be done under super user access)

If you are really serious use a ruuvi.

1 Like 1 ·
groningen avatar image groningen Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Alexandra

and thanks for the link.

1 Like 1 ·
groningen avatar image groningen Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Alexandra

OK, thank you for the heads-up.

-1 Like -1 ·
groningen avatar image
groningen answered ·

@Alexandra

Ok, found it in the device list

Thanks again Alexandra.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Cool. Glad it is sorted.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor