question

Tom avatar image
Tom asked

Cyrix-Li-CT input cable hot

I've been using a Cyrix-Li-Ct between my alternator/battery terminal and 3x200amp hour Victron SuperPack batteries. Tonight I noticed that the input into the Cyrix was very hot. 1/0 cable runs approx 20 ft from the vehicle battery to a 120amp fuse then about a foot to the Cyrix then another foot of 1/0 cable to the bus bar which connects to the lithium batteries. I was running the vehicle charge the batteries and the system was showing approx 56amps going into the batteries.

I have been using this configuration for several years but tonight the connection between the fuse and the Cyrix is hot. Thoughts?

Cyrix Battery Combiner
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Maybe check/remake the connection between fuse and Cyrix. Could be loose/have some corrosion. Heat could be coming from the fuse/holder as well.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tom avatar image Tom kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thank you...I discovered it last night so planning on replacing the cable this morning.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tom avatar image Tom Tom commented ·
Replaced the cable but the fuse popped again. Next stop is the fuse. Don't think its the Cyrix since it was working until fuse popped.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers