question

ben-langlands avatar image
ben-langlands asked

CCGX Upgrading to v2

Hi, I want to upgrade my CCGX to firmware v2.

I followed the link venus-upgrade-image-ccgx.zip and downloaded a folder. I did not get a zip file as it says in the instructions? I loaded the folder onto my micro SD card and inserted it into the CCGX I followed the instructions and nothing happens? I'm downloading to a MacBook Pro. (I don't have a PC) is this what the problem is? Or could it be something else. I would be grateful for some advice? Thank you. Ben

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Follow all the instructions per;

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:firmware_upgrade_to_v2

The file you download will have a .zip extension.

Unzip the file and then save it to a memore card (32Gb or smaller) that has been fomatted to FAT or FAT32 file system.

Then follow the instructions to update.

If your having trouble with an apple then try a windows PC.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

By default, Mac OS unzips the file when the download is complete. You'll end up with a folder named venus-upgrade-image-ccgx. Drag the CONTENTS of that folder to the SD card. This isn't clear in the instructions but the video clearly shows this.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic