question

frankvw avatar image
frankvw asked

What USB interface cable for a multiplus?

Just to make sure I'm not ordering the wrong kit: I have a Multiplus 24/800/16 that I need to connect my laptop to in order to set it up beyond what I can do with the DIP switches. Do I need the MK3 USB interface cable or the VE.Direct USB interface cable?

Tnx!

multiplus ve.busmk3-usb
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
djsmiley avatar image
djsmiley answered ·

MK3. Multiplus has no ve direct ports.
VE direct is for (eg) the smaller MPPTs and shunts.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

You need the mk3 USB interface cable.

2 |3000

mjs500 avatar image
mjs500 answered ·

mk3 USB interface cable and Rj45 Utp cable

2 |3000

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

AFAIR you can set up (nearly) everything via VRM which saves buying any cables other than the RJ45 to connect to your router, which presumably you have got already.

4 comments
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
Do you still need a Venus OS device though to go through VRM rather than connecting the inverter direct to the router.
0 Likes 0 ·
sharpener avatar image sharpener pwfarnell commented ·
I imagine so, not faced with that problem, my Multi II GX has it built in.

Others will know for sure what config you need.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ pwfarnell commented ·
VRM is only through GX device.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Not all, but don't ask me what's missing. I just know there are some settings I can only get to through the MK3 usb interface.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic