question

ips-ad avatar image
ips-ad asked

Modbus addresses for "Maximum inverter power" and "Maximum charge power"

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to decrease ESS discharge power on lower SoC and also decrease ESS charge power on higher SoC. This is to protect the LiFePO4 cells and give the balancers more time to adjust the cell voltages on high SoC (especially with cells getting older my setup is running into balancing issues from time to time).

I've seen other ESS doing this by default, Victron apparently doesn't (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I could easily add this functionality by setting the values via Modbus/TCP (using Raspberrymatic in my case), but I'm not sure which addresses to use. I'd like to set these two (in fact 4) values:

1708268837350.png

I found:

com.victronenergy.settings ESS max discharge current 2704 int16 0,1 -327680 to 327670 /Settings/Cgwacs/MaxDischargePower yes W

-> This one says "current", but the unit is "W". So is it current in A, or power in W..?!

com.victronenergy.settings ESS max charge current (fractional) 2701 uint16 1 0 to 100 /Settings/Cgwacs/MaxChargePercentage yes %

-> What is 100 % for this parameter - the max charge current in A that my MultiPlus II is capable of?

Thanks for your assistance :-D

Multiplus-IIModbus TCP
1708268837350.png (28.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers