question

palle avatar image
palle asked

Why does my Cerbo GX prioritize Wifi before Ethernet?

If i erase the password for the wifi network in remote console, it connects to ethernet and works like a charm.

I have two more Cerbo GX, and both of them is ok.

wifiethernet
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Palle

Sometimes it is a router thing. (Possibly IP or DHCP related)

The router with two connections would technically want to assign two up addresses.

From the perspective of logic. WiFi can disconnect for any number of reasons. It makes sense that the ethernet is the fallback connection.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Failover behaviour should be as follows (c/o the docs):

The priority of which connection the GX device uses is based on the following order:

1. Ethernet, regardless of whether there is a WiFi or LTE connection.

2. WiFi when there is no Ethernet connection and regardless of whether there is an LTE connection.

3. LTE when there is no Ethernet and WiFi connection.

It is most likely there is an issue with the ethernet connectivity which is forcing a failover to wifi.

Check your cable, IP setup, error counts etc for the LAN cable.

If all else fails, you can try reimage the Cerbo.

2 |3000

palle avatar image
palle answered ·

I have 3 Cerbo with 3 routers of exactly same setup, brand and type. 2 work and 1 is prioritizing wifi. Ethernet works when I disable wifi. I will try to change router from one of the other who works correct.

2 |3000

palle avatar image
palle answered ·

I'm not at home so I can't try another router. When I read the mmanual I think it says that even if there isn''nt any internet the Cerbo prioritiz ethernet. When I connect the ethernet cable the lights in the ethernet port lights up. And as I sade before. It works if I dissable wifi.

" The priority of which connection the GX device uses is based on the following order: 1. Ethernet, regardless of whether there is a WiFi or LTE connection. 2. WiFi when there is no Ethernet connection and regardless of whether there is an LTE connection. 3. LTE when there is no Ethernet and WiFi connection.

Please note that the GX device does not check whether any network devices mentioned have an active internet connection. This mechanism only considers the active network connection."

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@Palle

My experience with this is a CCGX, but Cerbo should be the same.

I have no router, but two different gateways for ethernet and wifi. Both show 'Connected' in Remote Console, and VRM can see both urls. So the GX can connect to both at the same time, not just physically, but with the full fields designated and ready to go.

But the thing I've never found is where the GX tells you which one is actually being used for the data. I could delve in an attempt to find out, but I don't care anyway. It works, that's what's important..

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic