question

syfte avatar image
syfte asked

CCGX loses connection to VE direct devices

I have 4 MPPT's that connect via VE direct to USB cables into a powered USB hub that connects to my CCGX. I radomly lose connection to some or all of these devices and the only way to restore connectivity is by power cycling the hub. It's a 7 port powered hub and from a respectable manufacturer so I do not think it is the problem. Previously, it was used extensively with all ports populated. The hub also has a supported USB GPS plugged in as well.

I understand that the CCGX can only support 5 VE direct devices; is that 3 over USB and 2 using the VE direct ports? Is there something else I'm missing?

CCGX Color ControlVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Would it be possible to connect a couple of the devices directly using the VE.Direct ports (without USB)?

That would allow you to seperate and isolate to help with the troubleshooting and see if the USB hub is at least part of the issue.

Another alternative troubleshooting method would be to find another USB hub (from a different manufacturer) and see if behaves in the same way.

I would try reducing the data load via the USB by moving some to VE.Direct if possible, and see if that helps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.