question

sheppy avatar image
sheppy asked

EasySolar 5000 Charge Query from Genset

Hi. Our System is current setup so that the genset can either charge the batteries and run the house or just run the house. I'm wondering if it can be set via the controller interface to only charge the batteries so that the house would always be drawing from the batteries and not the genset?

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Sheppy

No, that's not possible. The Multiplus uses common circuitry for charging and inverting, so can't do both at the same time.

If you're worried about generator quality power getting to household appliances?.. The Multi is often called 'picky' for rejecting gensets, and there's some adjustments available, but usually satisfactory using default values.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sheppy avatar image sheppy commented ·
Thanks. Do you think it might be possible to charge the battery pack directly from a genset using a different charger? if so, would you have any recommendations?
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ sheppy commented ·
@Sheppy

It's certainly possible. I only recommend Victron kit, but that's just me. Someone else might have other ideas or preferences, but it's hard to say anything without knowing a few details on what you're looking to do. A battery Voltage would help too.. :)

0 Likes 0 ·