question

kernel avatar image
kernel asked

ev charger configuration

Hello,

I have a cerbo gx that has a multiplus II 10000 , a fronius 8200 and a mppt 150/45 connected.
I just connected a car charger a victron ev charguer.
I have everything working, but I don't know how to tell it to decrease the charging power of the car when the grid of the street (of the electric company) exceeds 8KW which is what I have contracted, if I exceed the contracted the company suppresses the service for a few minutes.
Gracias

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @kernel

Not sure if this is a feature that's built in so I have this setup in node red.

Node red checks if grid meter (for me) is greater than 14kw, if it is then it reduced car charging rate by this many amps (grid usage - 13.5kw)/230 I used 13.5 instead of 14kw as a buffer and 230v instead of 240v again as a buffer.

This works if it's in manual charge mode. if it's in schedule mode i have it setup to turn the car off. However I imagine you could instead just change the max charging current in the car charger settings if the 14kw (or 8kw in your case is hit) temporarily using node red.

I rarely hit 14kw so i dont have automated code to turn it back up but imagine it wouldnt be too hard to write that.

Do something like if car charger is on and you've already automatically decreased it and now load is less than a defined limit say 4kw, then increase the charging again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kernel avatar image
kernel answered ·

Hello ,

Thank you for your reply.

I do not have much experience in node red, I understand that the cerbo GX must have something, I understand that it is basic.

Other chargers need a clamp to see the consumption, I understand that the victron ecosystem will have a way to do it.

Thanks again

1 comment
2 |3000

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·
Yes you need venus os large installed. You can install in firmware menu on gx device.

Then you can use node red to automate all sorts of things with your system.

It may be a feature but im not aware of it. I have seen it on other charges but not on victron.

0 Likes 0 ·